Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IH Terion

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelested View Post
Did you even look at the picture? Here, look at it again. He clearly turned his head and looked over at the screen. Denying the inevitable doesn't make them any more innocent.
he turned his head, thats what i said, read more >.>
it is not clearly that he was looking at the screen though, he could as well have looked at his mate next to him. (which is not quite legal itself, but is not that punishable as "cheating" i guess.)

merkenberry

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
your tourney is a joke, whoever organized it really should be fired considering its importance and the amount of resources invested, how damn trivial it would be to fix.go headhunt whoever was in charge of Valve's organization

MadLock

10-07-2012

Quote:

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
If the 1400 people, possibly more facting in the chance of upvotes, are disagreeing with you, something has to be wrong.

Rismart

10-07-2012

well, this is totally unfair. also is a problem so easy to solve just put some drywall roof and walls and problem solve no peeking...there is a wall behind the players so is not hard to do it...

Quote:

well if that is true why are players doing it? also there are proof of it so at least me im putting in doubt not only this match but the other ones.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Riot, you guys need to make a booth, something that has an over hang or blocks the view so this doesn't come up. kinda makes me sad.

Thepopninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Why did you make the stage so that the players also have a field of view of the map?
The only people who need to see that is the live audiences.
Try to learn from other tournaments
eg. Starcraft 2 tourneys have booths that don't allow players to sneak a peek at the Neutral Map

Minjoph

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
Your support is help enough. The more sane/logical people replying in this thread about how we disagree with the Lead Ref's input, the better.
Yay, my post even reached the right person! ^_^

But I just don't get why Riot have kept quiet. Even deleted their own post and any reference to that post (only to get it back up once they realized people weren't going to just silently let that pass). Everything about the way they handle this... I just... cannot understand them.

C'mon, Riot, say something about this...

Edit: I don't really think most will forget about this just because Riot pretends it didn't happen. I for one will not.

Ricky Sexbang

redundant

10-07-2012

For everyone saying that they need to make a booth, they have one and have used it before, the first time it was used was at MLG Anaheim. Someone from Riot said that they did not want to use the booths because they wanted to make the audience seem to be apart of the action, rather then separated or something along those lines.

Far2Reckless

10-07-2012

My thing is if you read what he said he responds to WE not using this to cheat. (though it looks like he is looking) but nothing is said about Frost. it is VERY clear they did cheat during the TSM AZF game. and there was even a ping that he had no way of knowing otherwise.