Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azubedo

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.
Considering there's more than 1 screenshot of players from Azubu and WE pretty much turned all the way around looking at the minimap I'd say your personal credibility just went down the toilet.

Ashreal

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frickin Adorable View Post
I'm blaming Riot. They are running the show and it is going to ****. Through both the disconnects and how they aren't handling the cheating.
Blame the scantily clad rape victim and not the rapist, right?
Why would she put her goodies in plain sight if she didn't want others to abuse them.

IrrationalNoob

10-07-2012

http://i.imgur.com/hntqU.jpg

Response requested.

Apopalipsis

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
that is just a coincidence 8-) that is not true 8-)

I love Rioters Minds... Dear god they must be from a 3world country or something.

Hollywood Cool

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashreal View Post
Why would she put her goodies in plain sight if she didn't want others to abuse them.
Incredible straw man. You're defending Riot for bad set design and their own incompetence and blaming the players who have corporate sponsors and two million dollars pressuring them to win no matter what.

Ashreal

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
http://i.imgur.com/hntqU.jpg

Response requested.
Honestly, there are at least two pictures out there that have more value than this one. This. Shows. Nothing. You cant even see his face for ****s sake. Oh and I guess it took 13 seconds for him to reach his mouse and ping somewhere that they arent.

PureGewalt

10-07-2012

Quote:
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).

ok if you look at that here http://i.imgur.com/HNbhk.jpg and http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334689407?t=27m45s . You will see looking him somewhere up so he must be checking if the roof is on fire or the player that he is making eye contact with must be like 3 meters high. And if you look so much will you say you cant make no mistake it was not a long look so maybe you watched something else plz look at the links and answer me what you think

Crafter of Stars

10-07-2012

Quote:
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
Sorry to break it to you, 'lead referee', but we the ENTIRE COMMUNITY KNOWS THAT BOTH OF THE ASIAN TEAMS CHEATED. WE KNOW IT FOR A FACT. Ignoring all the evidence doesn't change anything.

You should be fired for both failing to do your job as lead referee, and for lying about said failures.

You disgust me and I hope incompetent individuals like yourself are purged from E-Sports so that the scene can finally start growing.

Your performance as lead referee, combined with the poor internet connection, just sent e-sports back 5 years.

Ashreal

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cool View Post
Incredible straw man. You're defending Riot for bad set design and their own incompetence and blaming the players who have corporate sponsors and two million dollars pressuring them to win no matter what.
Oh, so if the rapist had sponsors then it would be okay?

Bad set design = mistake.

Intentionally cheating = malicious.

Who is to blame?

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashreal View Post
WTF!? You need a brain.