Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Racic

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
So a canned response that completely ignores the overwhelming evidence presented. Poor form, Riot.

Zakkair

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Skull Kid View Post
I'll leave this here.
Best proof yet.

pancho1206

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
It is sad to see this but not only team WE cheated in this tournament, Azubur Frost cheated too, even if they outplayed TSM the rest of the games you dont know what could have happened if they did not knew about TSM position.
here is the proof, look at the precision of the ping form Azubu Frost

NoseBlender

10-07-2012

That last pic with the ping is pretty damning evidence. I doubt they'll do anything about it, since that seems to be the way of big leagues these days (See NFL and MLB in the past month).

It's a real shame consumers have no power in things like this that happen.

Corwynt

10-07-2012

Between a giant minimap all the players can look at and a internet setup that won't allow one set to be finished in seven hours it would be really hard to explain the good points of this game to the average onlooker. And if you really wanted to confuse them you could tell them that it is a two million dollar tournament.

Apoteosis

10-07-2012

They just can't ignore this.

Cheating at the Main Event is just not right.

Blizkrieg

10-07-2012

Delay on stream. The only thing it could possibly be good for is camp spawns.

Ensig

10-07-2012

this is bull****. these games need to be replayed

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseBlender View Post
That last pic with the ping is pretty damning evidence. I doubt they'll do anything about it, since that seems to be the way of big leagues these days (See NFL and MLB in the past month).

It's a real shame consumers have no power in things like this that happen.
Consumers have all the power. Power comes from money, and money comes from consumers. I don't buy Apple products because they employ absolutely horrendous business practices. This is called responsible consumerism. Practice it when you object to a business for whatever reason you find objectionable.

Akaabz

10-07-2012

DQ pls