Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeg elsker kage

10-07-2012

What i find extremely interesting in relation to the picture from the game (CLG vs WE game) is recalling the long drawn out game where Corki twice steals red on his own with little vision of any CLG players. (as far as i remember WE and CLG had no wards in that side of CLGs jungle either of the times, but corki no oracles so he couldnt know CLG didnt - will try to check it out if i can find the video).

Would an ADC normally risk this? Twice? Knowing him getting caught would mean the end of the game and end of tournament? It would be interesting if Riot uploaded the camera view of the guy playing Corki (cause they have it obviously) before and during these daring steals.

Riot can claim they monitor the players - but how do they explain a player randomly looking up and not on the intense game screen with enemy malphite nearby?

Malphite was literally at the other side of the brush according to the minimap - what is this dude looking at if not the game? Some random babe during a critical game? It just makes no sense.

EDIT: http://da.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334677300

2:45:19: 1st steal: WE has one ward at the edge of the river, aside from that they get somewhat vision @ pushing CLG back in mid through minions. Imo the move is less risky than I initially thought based on this vision - it is still very risky, but can be defended.
Obviously one of the 4 other WE could be checking the minimap, but that is only speculation and probably stretching it.

2:52:57: 2nd steal is 99.9% safe and they have vision including one ward janna put down at entrance from mid lane to red-side jungle.

Thus after checking it I can conclude, that I did not remember the situations correctly. This dissaproves those specific situations (obviously pending someone with access to all player cameras checking it (the 1st situation especially), but it does not remove the suspicions that access to something as vital as the minimap opens up for or the other evidence provided in this thread indicating that foul play is abound.

How riot thinks it is "ok" to enable players to see the minimap is beyond me. Someone will always take the bait, if given the opportunity to cheat in such high stakes games.

Spike Lance

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg elsker kage View Post
What i find extremely interesting in relation to the picture from the game (CLG vs WE game) is recalling the long drawn out game where Corki twice steals red on his own with little vision of any CLG players. (as far as i remember WE and CLG had no wards in that side of CLGs jungle either of the times, but corki no oracles so he couldnt know CLG didnt - will try to check it out if i can find the video).

Would an ADC normally risk this? Twice? Knowing him getting caught would mean the end of the game and end of tournament? It would be interesting if Riot uploaded the camera view of the guy playing Corki (cause they have it obviously) before and during these daring steals.

Riot can claim the monitor players - but how do they explain a player randomly looking up and not on the intense game screen with enemy malphite nearby?

Malphite was literally at the other side of the brush according to the minimap - what is this dude looking at if not the game? Some random babe during a critical fight? It just makes no sense.
Also as I mentioned previsouly take a look on how he reacts everytime the fans there make noises...He knows something is up, so he turns his head, so much for the called "soundproof" headphones...

Sayan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
Your just full of shiet, like the company you work for...

SpatAttack

10-07-2012

Just wanted to add something else...

Quote:
All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses.
Then aren't all these pics proof of breaking those rules you established? Regardless of what was in their vision when they turned....they turned. In some cases entire torso rotation was involved. ._. It seems to me that if they looked over there at all, thats completely breaking the established rules above, especially considering there is nothing in that direction they should be looking at during a match anyway. (lights, the other team, and screens they shouldn't be able to see)

Shouldn't they be punished for breaking the rules, regardless of whether it could have helped them or not...?

Quote:
I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.
Can you REALLY personally confirm that you watched WE's entire team every second of the match? I just dont think this is possible unless you were one of many refs, designated to watch the team and ONLY that team (not both teams since this would prove you couldn't have seen every bit of every player the entire time).

Also you claim you can personally confirm all of this but won't confirm whether you're even reviewing any of this on the many many videos you have...a tad shady :/

FeedingTrollNoob

10-07-2012

Simple solution: Nobody ever watch another competitive LoL event again, boycot it. If I remember correctly, WE are the ones that fill their pockets with cash.... How much are advertisers going to pay to advertise on a stream with 6 veiwers compared to 92,000? Fck Riot, whoever is organizing their events should be fired.

If it wasn't possible to look at the giant screen for the crowd from the stage, it would be impossible to cheat.

NA Regionals, one of their hosts makes fun of Scarra for being fat, then sends him off stage. Now this..... BUT WE SHOULD DQ CURSE AND DIG FOR SPLITTING PRIZE MONEY BECAUSE THIS IS SRS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PureBlood

10-07-2012

Really If Riot doesn't do anything about this you will be laughed at by all Esports games, DQ them. It's obvious cheating, you just say stuff like if they were cheating by turning their heads they would be disqualified, well no sh*t m8, it's obvious that they are, grow a sack and do the right thing

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Lance View Post
Also as I mentioned previsouly take a look on how he reacts everytime the fans there make noises...He knows something is up, so he turns his head, so much for the called "soundproof" headphones...
The soundproof headphones do as good a job as possible, but you are right he can clearly tell when the crowd is making a lot of noise, and when he does he almost instinctively looks up and to the side slightly behind him (If you don't believe he looks behind him watch the video in the OP at 27:45 and watch his shoulders, you can clearly see them shift as his torso turns), the only things there are up there are: lighting, supports, and screens he is not allowed to look at. And the only reason he would randomly look up there in response to crowd noise is if he knew he could see the minimap/the big-screen/both, if he didn't know the screen was there and that he could see it he wouldn't have looked when he heard the airhorn/crowd, he was in the middle of probably the most important league game he has ever played unless he knew it would benifit him to look away from his screen he wouldn't have. Does that mean he cheated before that point? No, but it makes it a distinct possibility and it means he cheats in his instance, because he hears the crowd noise, cant see why it's merited on his screen, and looks to the larger ones with more vision.

GankinHerBush

10-07-2012

Not sure if this has been posted but yeah I am on the fence with the whole cheating thing but tbh Riot balls it up terribly with even having that screen there and so visible..

Check this link to see how easy it would b to see http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...om%2F0KHEd.jpg

also this...
http://i.imgur.com/hntqU.jpg

Sorry if these already been posted.

frokid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
You are a fool if you believe that players where not peeking. For that much prize money, they want every advantage they can get.
I read what you are saying, and i see this. "They diddn't cheat because i say so. And i don't mess up"

Snoring

10-07-2012

Quote:

BUT THEY LOOKED AT THE MINlMAP! THE PROOF IS RIGHT THERE!