Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoring

10-07-2012

Quote:
RiotTiza:
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.

THERE. lS. PROOF.

lyricist

10-07-2012

Quote:
RiotTiza:

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).

this guy real?

treef0rm

10-07-2012

Quote:
Edit9: (Regi telling the judge about said mini map problem)

http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601 @5:16:03

5:16:20. this guy is super stoked. yes, that one.

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
blankeh:
this guy real?

Riot actually tried to delete the post too, and my post responding to him becuase I called him out on obviously not reading the OP before he responded saying we were wrong, if you don't believe me skim the pages after his comment they show a timeline of deleting his post, me saying I had it quoted on X page them deleting my post, me posting a screenshot of my post responding to him (I took one because I figured they would delete the posts), them reinstating the posts, and all the while forum members are calling Riot out for doing it.

TrixStyle

10-07-2012

in the WE picture, he looked at his left and the big screen is on his right

Traithan

10-07-2012

Quote:
RiotTiza:

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).

Please fire this man for

1) Incompetence. Multiple teams looked at the minimap, there are 5 different pictures of multiple teams using the minimap, including pinging where people are when they look.

2) Flat out lieing to the community. Seriously, that's a big no no that makes you as an entire company look bad. I just had to talk down a couple friends who were going to give up on LoL (as a game and esport) because of your employee. I explained to them he is just bad at his job and doesn't represent the view of the entire company. I imagine they aren't the only ones.

Seriously, this guy needs to be dealt with.

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
TrixStyle:
in the WE picture, he looked at his left and the big screen is on his right

No it isn't watch the video at the quoted times and you'll see, there is a reason we garnered so much evidence, because we know one picture is not proof.

CritsAProcess

10-07-2012

GG Riot, way to make a hardcore fan lose respect for your company.

I think I'll be giving Dota2 a second look, now.

3n07s

10-07-2012

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601?t=5h32m43s

LOL< look at his head turn as the main camera goes up.

Bruce Wane

10-07-2012

So now Dota2 will get over LOL

and all people will play dota2 now

Because RIOT you are retarded !!!

GG RIOT, GOOD BYE LOL