Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scikan

10-07-2012

Im not saying its about giving the win to someone but facing these facts i really think CLG.eu should get the win, and TSM lost and got cut off the tournament after azubu also cheated... like I don't want to say this is like a screwd up tournament but yeah..

Ashreal

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corngina View Post
And pictures of direct camera feed with them having their heads turned, and personal accounts from players saying it was a problem. And common sense. Don't forget that.

Its not WE's fault, per se. It's the venue/riot's fault. Its like leaving a steak out on the coffee table and getting mad at your dog for licking it.
Personal accounts? Where? If it's Regi it doesn't count.

Do you even see where those maps are? The amount you would need to turn your head up and around to see them is far beyond what that picture shows.

Use YOUR common sense.

Flevius

10-07-2012

Couldn't they have an enclosure around the back and sides of the player areas to keep the big screens on the back wall out of their field of view? It hardly matters if people cheated or not; the fact that the players have such an easy and obvious opportunity to cheat means we'll never know if the results are legit or not.

lolLuckylol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.
u serious bro`??

Drago6817

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.
Why the *teemo* would you design a stage like this? You are practically asking people to cheat.

"Hey guys, you see that huge screen over there that's constantly glowing and moving in your peripheral vision that holds all the secrets to winning the 1 million dollars? If you look at it, we ban you! trololol have fun!"

I feel like the teams are being treated like those dogs whose owners force them to sit with a dog bone on their snout and not eat it until they say...

Corngina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashreal View Post
Personal accounts? Where? If it's Regi it doesn't count.

Do you even see where those maps are? The amount you would need to turn your head up and around to see them is far beyond what that picture shows.

Use YOUR common sense.
The amount they'd need to turn their head --Literally about a 45 degree angle. 60 tops. You probably don't know what that means, so i'd recommend googling it. My point remains. Physics + common sense on my side now, son.

Ashreal

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corngina View Post
The amount they'd need to turn their head --Literally about a 45 degree angle. 60 tops. You probably don't know what that means, so i'd recommend googling it. My point remains. Physics + common sense on my side now, son.
Back to geometry class for you, son.

If you had bothered to look at the pictures that show a side view of the set up, the screens are WELL behind the players. Not to mention much higher than either of these "proof" pics depict.

Poontagonist

10-07-2012

People are claiming WE was red and was looking left which would make him looking away from the screen. That is false. The players never switched seats, the colors behind them changed based off what side of the in-game map they were playing. The colors were never stagnant. From where WE was sitting looking left and up would mean they were looking at the map adjacent to them. Futhermore, EVEN looking elsewhere other than front and at the computer screen was against the rules. CLG should take series, WE should be DQ.

That said, Riot won't DQ WE because they are owned by, a Chinese Investment Company, Tencent. Sad, but true.

akaRaven

10-07-2012

I may not be a rocket scientiest or brain surgeon, but aren't those monitors on Spectator mode?

treef0rm

10-07-2012

Okay, riot hasn't responded probably because no one is at work atm. Hopefully they respond soon, this incident cannot be ignored.

The fact that this matchup had to be restarted so often is also a HUGE issue. It effects all players mentality, and makes this playoffs extremely unprofessional.

The next matchup area better take advantage of the new venue and remove ANY potential cheating that could occur.

Riot plz