The ultimate problem with the Honor system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FafnirRakesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I agree that the honor system is flawed, but I think it's naive to think that it was ever intended to eliminate the seedy elements of the community. There will always be those people who will rage, whine and carry on like a pork chop because someone makes a mistake or gets smashed in lane phase or any of the other thousand scenario's we all know and love (to hate).

I think the honor system is mostly meant to curb the behavior. Minimise it. You cannot destroy childish online behavior because it is legion but the honor system is at least a sign that riot is trying to take steps to foster some good will within the community. Will we all become bestet friends? Nope, no way, no chance. But maybe we won't be enemies within our own team.

As for rewards, there is a banner or something you can get for accumulating a certain amount of honor (I've seen one person with it so far). I think since runes, skins and champs are all covered by IP and RP, then if honor was to give us anything it would be new avatar icons. It's only small and prone to abuse for sure, but it's something that could prolong the honey moon period that the honor system is currently enjoying.

Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihilistProxy View Post
As a starting note, this is NOT a thread about how dumb ths system is and that nobody should listen to the message trying to be conveyed with it.
I lol'd