Give NA teams a break.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashley R0se

10-05-2012

From what I know (which admittedly isn't much), North American tactics have worked for teams in North America up until this point. How can you blame them for being poorly prepared for a new playstyle and strategy?
Like, yeah, it really sucks that they couldn't keep up. But I'm sure next year they'll have a better idea what they're dealing with and will play accordingly.

Besides, unless you yourself turned down an invite to compete in the world championship, you probably have no idea what you're talking about.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley R0se View Post
Yet another person who thinks I'm making excuses.

Look, the FACT of the matter is that they weren't ready to go up against new playstyles and strategies. Whether that's because they weren't trying or just weren't born with the capability, the -- I'll say it again -- FACT is that they weren't prepared for that. If they had been, they would have won. Those are the only two possibilities. Either they came prepared to counter the Korean strategy, and won because of it, or they came unprepared and lost. So I'm NOT making excuses, I'm stating fact.

My OPINION is that we have no right to make assumptions or accusations, or give them a hard time about it. Because the vast majority of us will never be as good as they are, even if they didn't win the WC. THAT'S what I'm saying.

Lil Indian Boy

10-05-2012

clg is a 1 trick pony every tournament

dignitas just gets outplayed every tournament because scarra cant carry 4 ppl in their league

and tsm has a tiny pool of champions

although i thought tsm did well against frost (better than i expected)

look at m5 who plays so many different champions... in roles no1 would expect.... the best are always those who can do the unexpected (just an example)

┼mbition

10-05-2012

shut up

Diagnosis

10-05-2012

NA is lacking in top laners.

There. I said it. They are no where near the level of Wickd, Darien, Shy, etc.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

i suppose it's not the tactic, azf played pretty standard for instance

Ashley R0se

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgecious View Post
clg is a 1 trick pony every tournament

dignitas just gets outplayed every tournament because scarra cant carry 4 ppl in their league

and tsm has a tiny pool of champions

although i thought tsm did well against frost (better than i expected)

I agree with you about Dignitas, but like I mentioned above, I really don't know enough about the tourneys to say much else. But I do think that if some of the weaker players on the team were replaced (IE most of the team) they'd be a lot more viable.

Glutting

10-05-2012

Quote:
But I'm sure next year they'll have a better idea what they're dealing with and will play accordingly.
Same excuse every time NA teams lose.

Yummines

10-05-2012

Quote:
From what I know (which admittedly isn't much), North American tactics have worked for teams in North America up until this point. How can you blame them for being poorly prepared for a new playstyle and strategy?
Like, yeah, it really sucks that they couldn't keep up. But I'm sure next year they'll have a better idea what they're dealing with and will play accordingly.

Besides, unless you yourself turned down an invite to compete in the world championship, you probably have no idea what you're talking about.
thats the problem. they should have expected in a world championship for people to switch it up a bit. if they wanted to prepare for that, they should have had unranked matches with asian teams to get a feel for what to expect.

NA just don't take video game tournaments as seriously as Asian teams, even with a large prize pool on the line.

NoneYa Bizznezz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

only reason why "NA tactics" work in the NA scene is because its really not NA tactics but EU and Asia tactics... right now thats what the pro NA teams are doing. As you can see when they go up against the ppl who originally made that tactic they get **** on...

imo if NA pro teams want to be taking seriously they need to stop copying tactics to counter that same tactic. And they need to find other ways to counter cause the copy the enemy tactic is not working for em on the world scale lvl

Bleargh

10-05-2012

The problem isn't new tactics it's in the way they prepare.

Teams that don't practice seriously and don't have any of the habits of winning teams lost to teams that practice seriously and adopt the habits of winners.

Not shocking.

Even Phreak was talking about it, how US pro teams are partying the night before and such.

12345 ... 6