Cheapest Gaming PC Possible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaxxe

10-01-2012

Ok so, I really badly need a new pc. Now I know a lot of you out there are extremely informational with building pcs and I know a bit but would prefer expert advice. I'd like a PC that could run GW2 and LoL decently for as cheap as possible. I don't have a budget really but I want as cheap as possible. Those will be the only 2 games I'd want to play for awhile except when TES Online comes out I'd also like to play that but by that time I'd be able to upgrade some parts.

TheFieldMarshal

10-01-2012

Can you build it yourself?
What is your ideal budget?
Is your hard drive/dvd drive sata and/or reusable?
Do u need a copy of windows 7?

Gaxxe

10-01-2012

I can build it myself.
Ideal like I said just as cheap as you can get it with it running GW2 and LoL decently.
No.
Nope.

TheFieldMarshal

10-01-2012

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/j6ZU
507 with shipping, this build features a few key points. Also note, if you don't need windows, take off 90, and if you can reuse the hard drive+ dvd drive take off another 70.
-B75 motherboard, can upgrade as high as an I5-3570(no point in ever getting an I7 for gaming)
-PSU is high quality 80+ bronze certified, can handle ANY SINGLE GPU out there atm
-Case is solid, standard mid tower case
-Ram is 1600MHz, will downclock to 1333MHz due to CPU
-PC will max out GW2, league, diablo 3, skyrim, world of warcraft etc effortlessly. The G860 CPU altho a 3.0Ghz dual core, competes with the Phenom 2 x4 970 BE's, FX-8150 etc, the CPU is MUCH stronger than the specs, for refernece see this:http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...k,3120-10.html

TheFieldMarshal

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaxxe View Post
I can build it myself.
Ideal like I said just as cheap as you can get it with it running GW2 and LoL decently.
No.
Nope.
So take off 90 bucks, so around 410-420 total. I build this exact setup(except my PSU was 400w 80+, and I got the last gen H61 board doesn't support ivy-bridge), for about 340 cost. I bought everything on sale.

EDIT: For reference, take a look at this guide by EVGA's Lead Hardware Kalganized http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5592454629#1

EDIT 2: Incase your out of the loop, AMD CPU's no where are recommended. Intels CPU architecture is so much more advanced specifically IPC's(up to 6 atm), compared to AMD's(2 in the FX 3 in the phenom 2's), that they are literally 2-3 times faster at EQUAL speeds it's stupid. 99% of games out there benefit and/or rely on IPC's to execute data specifically CPU bound areas such as raids/cities in world of warcraft. This is really where they shine, and currently the G860 competes with every AMD from 0-200(FX-8150) of course this is at stock speeds. The FX-8150 @ 5GHz is still slightly behind the I3-3220 @ 3.4GHz(Stock speeds) in gaming by about 5-10%

Gaxxe

10-01-2012

Nice, ok so you said it would run it effortlessly on max setting, anyway to make it cheaper I don't need MAX setting i just need it to run decently (40 FPS+) on average settings. For GW2 I'd also like to pvp. Although that is a nice build and I might do it if it does what you say it does.

TheFieldMarshal

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaxxe View Post
Nice, ok so you said it would run it effortlessly on max setting, anyway to make it cheaper I don't need MAX setting i just need it to run decently (40 FPS+) on average settings. For GW2 I'd also like to pvp. Although that is a nice build and I might do it if it does what you say it does.
Well raids/cities in say wow, ultra settings @ 1080p, I run 50-60FPS in 10 mand and 30-40 in 25 mans usually. Effortlessly may have not been the best wordage, it can run those games maxed pretty damn well, Smooth FPS 40+ most of the time yes.

What price range are you aiming for?
Do you want upgradability or just a PC to use until your next one?

Gaxxe

10-01-2012

Upgradability i'm planning to upgrade the pc as time goes on. Also my budge can scale upto $800 but i'd extremely prefer not to pay that much atm. I'd just like a pc that can run GW2 and LoL atm decently. My current pc (laptop) runs LoL at around 12 FPs...as you can imagine it is quite unplayable lol.

TheFieldMarshal

10-01-2012

According to this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...GPU-Benchmarks

The video card i selected on highest settings had a MIN FPS of 30.0 @ 1080p, the CPU placed 4th overall(to the better intels) and smoked all the AMD's. They used a lower resolution to avoid GPU bottlenecks tho.

TheFieldMarshal

10-01-2012

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/j6ZQ
416 bucks for the entire PC, since you have windows. The ONLY recommendation is to have a rear exhaust fan which it has a slot for. But this PC have full upgradability EXCEPT sli/xfire(which isnt supported well in most games anyway) and the CPU's wont be overclockable. Otherwise u can add an I5-3570+Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 if u wanted.