Thank You CLG, Dignitas, and TSM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spikegabriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
e-sports is nothing like the olympics

you're an idiot
Well, let's compare the two of them.

Esports is electronic sports. The Olympics is comprised of various sports.

Hmm, o.k. so there is one similarity.

I can go on like this all day. I would suggest reading all of a post first moron.

Crossf1re

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikegabriel View Post
Esports isn't going to develop here. There is simply too much emphasis in this country on physical sports.

Let's examine the Olympics o.k.

Top 3 teams based on medals
g s b
United States Total: 102 44 29 29
China Total: 87 38 27 22
Russia Total: 78 21 25 32
Great Britain Total: 62 28 15 19
Germany Total: 44 11 19 14
Japan Total: 36 5 14 17
Australia Total: 35 7 16 12
France Total: 32 10 10 12
South Korea Total: 27 13 7 7
The "lazy fat uhmericans" as those people call us, dominated the other countries. It was a roflstomp over everyone except China and even against them we had 6 more gold 2 more silver and 7 more bronze.

Now compare the countries that do well against us in esports to those figures above. It's the exact opposite. America stomps them at things related to physical activity, but we lose out on esports. Maybe Riot can make a difference next season, but I seriously doubt it. For esports to ever be able to compete they would have to go up against things like football, basketball, or baseball. Sure you can pull numbers out saying you can do it, the reality is that you have to be able to do it consistently and on television

Don't hold your breath waiting for Americans to start endorsing esports. Here it's still sort of taboo. Consider the what's happening right now with Colleen Lachowicz. The republicans are trying to destroy her using the fact that she plays WoW.
http://kotaku.com/5948987/maine-demo...ld-of-warcraft
http://www.colleensworld.com/
LOL STOMPS

ok there, 15 medal difference isn't a stomp.

Wait until 2016, I'll bet my soul China is going to annihilate everyone.

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
*yawn* strawman more pls. you're adding absolutely nothing to this conversation
No, that would be you. To any adult who has lived on their own and looked for a place to live in a city, you sound like an inbred ******. Just stop. You do not understand the cost of life on your own in north america. It's fine, just stop waving your ignorance around in our faces 'HEY GUYS, GUYS HEY LOOK I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE **** IM TALKING ABOUT HERE, HEY GUYS, HEY, LOOK AT ME, HEY I'M COMPLETELY IGNORANT TO THE COSTS OF SUPPORTING LIFE FOR 5 PEOPLE HI LOOK AT ME HEY'.

spikegabriel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossf1re View Post
LOL STOMPS

ok there, 15 medal difference isn't a stomp.

Wait until 2016, I'll bet my soul China is going to annihilate everyone.
Uh...please read the line located directly after

Quote:
South Korea Total: 27 13 7 7
wait for it......
keep waiting....
o.k. let it sink in.

See how I said it was a stomp over everyone except China. Still, 15 medals over them is a pretty big smack in the face. Half of those were Gold as well. Now, I'm sorry but I don't see them ever being able to compete. The reality is that they torture their citizens into trying to do well. That works, but it's not working as well as simply paying them a metric **** ton of money.

Basho

10-06-2012

NA has no chance. TSM trashed all other NA team but they got trashed by Koreans.
TSM overestimated themselves. But when the knew they are getting trashed, it's too late to do anything. And Dyrus needs to grow the fuzk up.

Demosthenes

10-06-2012

Wow spike, drink the koolaid much? China does well for the same reasons the US does, because they throw the most money at their athletic programs, plain and simple. Nothing to do with torture. Jesus buddy.

spikegabriel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Wow spike, drink the koolaid much? China does well for the same reasons the US does, because they throw the most money at their athletic programs, plain and simple. Nothing to do with torture. Jesus buddy.
Sorry sarcasm doesn't go over well in text. Read it again with a snarky laughing voice.

Disillusion

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingDmgOutput View Post
100% complete bull****. EU teams arent living together in gaming houses, alot of them are practicing from home and are still doing better than all NA teams. And saying that they cant afford living in a small room close together is even more bull****, the top 3 teams of NA are freakin living in rented mansions. Why not rent a small house and apartment and just stream alittle less so they can practice more? The avg. cost of living is more expensive in europe than it is in NA. Get your facts straight please.
+1

M5 practice even less than NA teams, and half of their team go to school full time. They rarely stream at all, so get even less income. They have no gaming house.

But they make it, and they are better than NA teams.

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
'HEY GUYS, GUYS HEY LOOK I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE **** IM TALKING ABOUT HERE, HEY GUYS, HEY, LOOK AT ME, HEY I'M COMPLETELY IGNORANT TO THE COSTS OF SUPPORTING LIFE FOR 5 PEOPLE HI LOOK AT ME HEY'.
again, assume i don't know what i'm talking about, proceed to lecture me about same

that's strawmanning

you still haven't come back with sponsor dollar amounts. at this point you have nothing useful to say except baseless character attacks.

you're just making yourself look bad

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikegabriel View Post
Esports is electronic sports. The Olympics is comprised of various sports.
same type of idiot that thinks poker is a sport and should be on ESPN

i rest my case