Riot doesn't care about the longterm health of the game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Am Tolan

10-06-2012

posting in troll thread downvote me now!

Siriner

10-06-2012

I don't know what to say. The balance is on a big freeze since its the S2 WC.

All I can say is be patient.

A Super Saiyan 3

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Beat me to it.

Simply put, OP. you've made an assumption (ie we don't care about the health of the game) and then built an evidence set to support that. If you actually were looking to see what was happening, you'd look for a pattern and then develop a conclusion based on that evidence. And simply put, there isn't a problem here you can point out that makes sense.

Is balance perfect? No (and it won't be, but it's something we have a whole team of dudes that works on it). We support our old stuff all the time, especially with balance and reworks. "There's a few bad champs that are old" is not a thesis - it's an accurate observation that is counter to the pattern of us spending a lot of time and effort on the existing game. It's not like we're monetizing that stuff either.

If you're mad about something, or don't understand something, ask; I'm happy to talk about it. Don't tell us what we do and don't care about unless you have some damned fine analysis to back it up - is discredits your posts and buries your concerns in Red Herrings.

edit: I want you to talk about Urgot

TheFunStopsHere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Morello, as long as you're looking through this thread:

Is it a bug that Malphite gains speed on his Q when it gets spell-shielded? Because I don't think he should gain movement speed when the description of the spell says he 'gains movement speed equal to the amount the target loses'

Pleaserespond

Kanamoto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

They've already said Urgot was perhaps overnerfed, too much at once, etc.

He's not a 100% pickban anymore, at least.

Uncanny Doom

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Swole View Post
1) the old champions get further and further outdated
4) chance of being super OP
5) destabilizes ranked for a bit because they are a wildcard
6) the game becomes harder and harder to get into as beginners
1) Majority of the champions picked during worlds have been around for a while. There are a healthy amount of picks/bans on the new champions as well. That's called balance.

2) On the rare occasion that they are legitimately OP and not just someone people complain about because they get pubstomped, they get nerfed very quickly. We saw this with Diana, Zyra, Rengar, and Darius.

3) They very commonly get banned in ranked for a bit when they release.

4) The learning curve of the game is what allows beginners able to get into it. Champion releases have a very small impact on this. Players have to learn plenty of things as they go in any competitive game, this is not significantly different.

FlamingFrostbite

10-06-2012

Wait you call Diana Akali 2.0? What makes you say this? Akali has three recharging dashes while Diana has one on a CD. Akali has a AoE slow that lets her stealth, Diana has a damaging shield. They aren't so alike that you can call Diana Akali 2.0 man, you really suck at making points.

Sessamo

10-06-2012

It's just an extremely psycho thing to try to rant about. The tournament scene is absolutely dominated by vintage champs.
New champions had a very strong showing (Jayce, Diana) and so did middle-aged champions (Vladimir and Orianna).
There were a few champions who were picked quite heavily, but release date was certainly not a factor in the finals.