What Defines Life?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTinyTinyHippo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Do they just drop seeds, or is there more too it?
Each tree is different.

Fruit trees have seeds in their fruit (WHAT A CONCEPT.) and they spread their seeds through animals consuming them, and then excreting them away from the parent tree.

Some trees just drop seeds and hope to god animals pick them up and move them.

Some have "wings" in their seeds and get blown off in the wind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTinyTinyHippo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Face Is OP View Post
I was told you had to do something called sex. So you call and the stork brings one then you do sex to the stork?
Oh. That sounds about right. Maybe you call the stork with this.. sex stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTinyTinyHippo View Post
Each tree is different.

Fruit trees have seeds in their fruit (WHAT A CONCEPT.) and they spread their seeds through animals consuming them, and then excreting them away from the parent tree.

Some trees just drop seeds and hope to god animals pick them up and move them.

Some have "wings" in their seeds and get blown off in the wind.
Now I feel gulity...

I'm a killing tree everytime I go to the bathroom..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTinyTinyHippo View Post
Oh. That sounds about right. Maybe you call the stork with this.. sex stuff.
I'm now changing my name to stork!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Now I feel gulity...

I'm a killing tree everytime I go to the bathroom..
I almost sufficate the next person who goes to the bathroom after me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
Incorrect.

What is defined as life has been debated for years, again, look up Virus and you will see that it is not as simple as you think
Nah, bro, nah.
I already knew that Virus clause because my grade 8 textbook mentioned it.
Bacteria are alive because bacteria are capable of making more bacteria.
But viruses are not alive because they need to program other cells into making more viruses for them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sailor Cosmos

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Something worth fighting for. Hot Korean boys are my life.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
"Biology" nope... It's optional in our final years... I choose Advanced Math, Physics and Chemistry instead.
Same senior classes buddy.
Bonus buddy points if you say Physics was the phunnest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
I already knew that Virus clause because my grade 8 textbook mentioned it.
Bacteria are alive because bacteria are capable of making more bacteria.
But viruses are not alive because they need to program other cells into making more viruses for them.
Regardless of that, Virus are not considered "not life".
They are "in between". Literally the closest thing to "Undead" we have ever encountered.
Virus / Virion are also capable of reproducing after they've invaded a host cell.
The main difference is, bacteria -are- their own cell and capable of mitosis while a V
Even with all of this, Virus and Virion are not NOT life!

If your "grade 8"(whatever that is) textbook said that Virus were not life, it was wrong, if it said they were life, it was wrong.

Virus = Undead
IMO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
Something worth fighting for. Hot Korean boys are my life.
I thought you liked hot latino boys.
Hot anything vaguely ethnic boys?