Stop asking for honor, it's annoying and doesn't work.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Averforge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

honestly when ever i play a game i honor who i want but if they ask or tell me to honor them, i continue as normal only excluding that person, since i dont feel its right to just give whenever, you could be the nicest guy but if you start asking for honor you seem desperate and honestly id rather just leave postlobby chat asap

XElement

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmack View Post

In short, your idea that honor doesn't mean anything is only half true. A few honor points here and there doesn't mean much, but people who have a lot of honor got it by doing something that made a lot of people want to go out of their way to make them look nice. I basically see it as a "personality report card". If I look at someone's profile and I see a lot of honor points I can expect them to treat everyone decently because I know from experience that there is no other way to stack honor. Specifically the honorable opponent stat because there really is no way to cheat on that.
No, I'm sorry. I don't truly mean it has no meaning.
It does, but, I wouldn't go to the point that because you have a ribbin that makes you a better person than me. Or if I had one I wouldn't say that makes me a better person either.

But, I agree. I like it. It does truly allow you to give someback to a nice/good player.
If only the spammers didnt just give you a free one everygame then it would be the most legit thing ever :P
Idk how many spammers I seen yet. I think not so many. Because, I get a few friendly ones since I'm a nice dude most of the time. Some teamwork ones (I'm a jungler a lot, so, its my job to help them). I haven't seen any helpful ones yet. And I been an honorable enemy (which idk why somebody would spam that? but if so then that makes me sad...cause I hope im a decent oppenent xD)

davesmack

10-06-2012

Ya I agree, not having a huge amount of honor doesn't really mean anything at all. Doesn't mean you're a bad person, and having more honor doesn't necessarily mean you're better than someone who has an average amount. I know a lot of people that get honored as often as I do, but they don't play as often as I do so their totals are lower. Lots of things go into the system, so you can't really look at a profile and say "This guy has no honors he must be a dick", but a large amount does mean that whoever has it behaves like a respectable person. The only exception is obviously people who really aren't so "honorable" that queue with friends and give each other honor every game despite being trolls. People like that are pretty obvious though, because they tend to have really high ally honor stats and 0 honorable opponents.