How do you play ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inipro Montoya

09-29-2012

Hello. My name is Inipro Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

I've tried and tried, and I simply cannot get the hang of ADC (Attack Damage Carry for you new guys). I'm fast approaching lv29, and I can play everything else well, speciallizing with solo top and jungle. I like the bruiser style and I simply cannot deal with how squishy all ADCs are. I've tried throughout my lol career to figure out how to play ADC, I've looked up guides, watched countless videos, tried nearly every ADC during their free week, and I simply cannot figure it out. I can last hit fine and all, but I always get shut down no matter how passively I play. Any advice, good champs for easy ADCing, etc.?

lastchancexi

09-29-2012

You don't position well enough. As an AD, you have to stay behind your team and focus whoever you can. Don't go chasing anyone, let the bruisers do it. You have to really practice being a complete wuss and never leading your team anywhere or being in front ever (unless you need to take potshots at tower)..

I'd try Miss Fortune and Ezreal right now. They're the strongest in solo queue.

Lethadind

09-30-2012

My problem for awhile was that I wasn't focusing on auto-attacking, but rather running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I would just throw the occasional attack in here-and-there.

You might be suffering the same thing. Basically what I did to fix this is I right-click the **** out of whoever is a primary target (that I could safely get to), then quickly back off when I see someone trying to reach me, throwing in the odd auto-attack or two as they chase (kiting). Then when they see they aren't going to get me, and they back off, I right-click the **** out of them. It improved my results dramatically. Ezreal (especially if you grab Trin-Force) is really good at this, especially with Arcane Shift. He's basically my go-to carry.

Positioning is huge too, as lastchancexi mentioned. However I don't think this is your major problem. even with less-than-decent positioning you should be face-rolling people to oblivion unless your build is, like, 6 doran's blades. Also realize that with lifesteal you have a lot more survivability than you think. It's funny to watch two fed ADC's go at it because you see their health jump up and down until finally one crits the other just enough to kill them.

TL;DR: Basically master kiting and remember to break your mouse by right clicking and you should be good.

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inipro Montoya View Post
Hello. My name is Inipro Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

I've tried and tried, and I simply cannot get the hang of ADC (Attack Damage Carry for you new guys). I'm fast approaching lv29, and I can play everything else well, speciallizing with solo top and jungle. I like the bruiser style and I simply cannot deal with how squishy all ADCs are. I've tried throughout my lol career to figure out how to play ADC, I've looked up guides, watched countless videos, tried nearly every ADC during their free week, and I simply cannot figure it out. I can last hit fine and all, but I always get shut down no matter how passively I play. Any advice, good champs for easy ADCing, etc.?
Keep trying, fast approaching lvl29 means you have what? 300 games played? You'll need a lot more practice than that. Also I see you are picking ashe I would recommend Graves for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchancexi View Post
You don't position well enough. As an AD, you have to stay behind your team and focus whoever you can. Don't go chasing anyone, let the bruisers do it. You have to really practice being a complete wuss and never leading your team anywhere or being in front ever (unless you need to take potshots at tower)..

I'd try Miss Fortune and Ezreal right now. They're the strongest in solo queue.
Yeah I did see MFs win rate going up...cant explain it aside from just the better chase and faster ultimate must be mostly outside of laning phase. Anyway not sure I would recommend MF for someone learning ADCs.

ChampOfFury

09-30-2012

ADC is easily achieved with a early fed darius.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

on darius and adcs: i dislike darius because all any darius that I've seen will do is steal kills. then the enemy team evetually kills him and then we have to run because we're so underfed because we're on 0 kills

ArCaDiaN4

09-30-2012

My first ADC was master Yi definitely recommend him. I normally build: boots swift, madrids bloodrazor, 2 blood thurst's and then warmogs or IE depending on enemy team, if there tanking I'll get armor pen
but i never use the one build so just keep trialing heroes and items.

Cheers ArC

NGG Codeluke

10-01-2012

you just have to farm and then own their team while your tank and etc protect you. Having a good support that doesnt take your cs really helps too

TehJackAttack

10-01-2012

very carefully

Tamahachi

10-01-2012

I think everyone above covered everything, but if you have a friend, a good support helps a lot to peel enemies off you should you find yourself out of position. Also, I find Ashe very good to learn with because you learn kiting and because she has no real escape, you -have- to learn to position to survive.