Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Season 2 World Championships Champion Stats By Role, Team, & Stage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obzidian

10-08-2012

Evelynn was banned so much because in the hands of pros, she can be incredibly effective. She can clear a lane and roam and you don't even know when she's gone.

I was waiting on the semi-finals to be finished before putting the information up. I may just do the semifinals with everything except WE vs CLG.EU. I mean, with as many restarts as we went through, that whole set of games is a complete headache.

Obzidian

10-08-2012

Updated with Quarterfinal data minus WE vs CLG.EU

silverdrone

10-08-2012

I'm just curious, why was Lux used a few times? She's been very underplayed since as long as I remember. What does she bring to a team that other AP mids don't? Just wondering.

Obzidian

10-08-2012

First, Lux got a few adjustments that made her more viable. In patch 135, her slow and ult got sight. In 142, her base mana regen went up and her mana costs were adjusted down. This made her much more viable and then the addition of Athene's helped her mana issues.

In the tournament, she was used in two different roles. First, she was used as a support. Presumably, she was used there because she has a shield that is potentially team-wide, she has a slow and a double-root and her slow gives sight into brush. Her ult with its ultra low cooldown and long range is good for snipping and for just checking an area of the map because it gives sight. She also has strong harass if you can land a slow + autoattack.

As a mage, well, she's actually not all that different from Morgana and Orianna. She has really strong harass when she combines any offensive ability with an autoattack. She has hard CC in the form of a double root and she has an aoe slow. She's also got a very long range ult that's great for sniping people and assisting in different lanes. So -- hard CC, range, solid wave farming capabilities. A lot of those were characteristics of a lot of the favored midlane champions for the tournament.

silverdrone

10-09-2012

Quote:
Obzidian:
First, Lux got a few adjustments that made her more viable. In patch 135, her slow and ult got sight. In 142, her base mana regen went up and her mana costs were adjusted down. This made her much more viable and then the addition of Athene's helped her mana issues.

In the tournament, she was used in two different roles. First, she was used as a support. Presumably, she was used there because she has a shield that is potentially team-wide, she has a slow and a double-root and her slow gives sight into brush. Her ult with its ultra low cooldown and long range is good for snipping and for just checking an area of the map because it gives sight. She also has strong harass if you can land a slow + autoattack.

As a mage, well, she's actually not all that different from Morgana and Orianna. She has really strong harass when she combines any offensive ability with an autoattack. She has hard CC in the form of a double root and she has an aoe slow. She's also got a very long range ult that's great for sniping people and assisting in different lanes. So -- hard CC, range, solid wave farming capabilities. A lot of those were characteristics of a lot of the favored midlane champions for the tournament.
Thanks. This is a much more thorough answer than I expected and I think I understand now.

Obzidian

10-09-2012

You're very welcome =)

Obzidian

10-10-2012

Quarterfinals data up!
Semifinals starting soon!

The Camel Rider

10-11-2012

Im tagging this because its interesting to me.

Sancitu

10-12-2012

as others have said, thanks a bunch for putting this up. surprised nobody else was tracking it in an easy to find area.

Obzidian

10-14-2012

Bump -- Semifinals Data up. Working on Finals and Compiled Data