New Darius Skin (Basketball Darius)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Bump

KnoXicaTed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

He should yell "Nice Assist!" to his teammates after killsteal-... I mean dunking.

IS1c5c21a2063c122d01032

10-06-2012

dunkmaster darius approves

Arroo

10-06-2012

Haha good-guy Grumpy Monkey, this whole thing is neat.

GuzFro

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
Congrats, you are now my favorite Red. Which means nothing since I'm a nobody but, reasons being:

1. You actually went along with this and took it pretty serious
2. I like your drawing skills (since I use to draw I do appraciate that stuff)

Now onto your question.
Solution? Basketball hoop champion.
Honestly, I think it would just be his joke animation instead. I mean, obviously OP meant it to be his ult. But, as you said, the animation would be too fast that you wouldn't really notice it that much or it would just be awkward looking.

So instead of it being his ult. Make it his joke.
"this is what I'll do to you guys soon enough" *dunks the ball in a hoop* something like that?

To make it his ult...I would imagine his hoop magically appears behind the enemy and darius dunks a ball onto the hoop which would be the animation.
Then the ball vanishes and the hoop is quickly back into his hands. But again, that seems like a lot to do in a short amount of time, or maybe it actually isn't in reality and just feels that way.
I sort of agree with you, but the ult dunking a ball on the enemy is the whole purpose for this skin. They could make the hoop magically appear and him slam the ball. What happens to the ball? It explodes along with the victim. Whats wrong with magically appearing objects. I mean look at kha'zix for example he shoots missiles and they explode and magically appear back on him. Its a video game not a movie, but its up to riot.

Luckybed

10-06-2012

You guys pretty much answered everything.

Passive:Blood drops are basketballs, max stacks means big basketball. POST LEVEL 6, a backboard hovers over the head instead of a mig basketball.
Q:Sam spin
W: Could be a chest pass. Hammer thing in Right, Basketball in Left. Throws basketball instead of blunting enemy with backboard.
E: The same
R:THE DUNK (this is honestly up to you guys.)

Zerglinator

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
quick sketch, But I was thinking in his animations where would the ball go? And would he have to set up the Basket everytime he ulted? the animation is so fast I don't know how we could do it without messing up gameplay. Open to suggestions.
You know that giant marking over an enemy for when they have max Hemorrhage stacks ? THAT could be the net. When you see the net, you know when to dunk!

XElement

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzFro View Post
I sort of agree with you, but the ult dunking a ball on the enemy is the whole purpose for this skin. They could make the hoop magically appear and him slam the ball. What happens to the ball? It explodes along with the victim. Whats wrong with magically appearing objects. I mean look at kha'zix for example he shoots missiles and they explode and magically appear back on him. Its a video game not a movie, but its up to riot.
No no, I agree as well.
That is exactly what they should do with the ult.

Darius has a ball magically in his hands while his "weapon"(the hoop) is now behidn his enemy. He jumps up and slams the ball through the hoop. The ball can explode, that would be cool. But, it can vanish as well and the hoop just instantly comes back to darius.
Still would be cool.

But, I still think that needs to be a joke :P him dunking on his own and making a joke. OH and a special quote for when he ults Master Yi "get dunked noobmaster"

Moh Cheech

10-06-2012

I am posting for the first time ever to say that Dodgeball Draven is the best skin idea to ever grace this game. For the love of God please take my money if it happens.

rhymesWpurple

10-06-2012

I don't get it? He carries the net with him and then what?

I like the idea I don't understand how it could work.

Your slam dunking the ball not the net. Still a +1