@lyte (making this a what the game needs added thread)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObsidianNight

10-05-2012

Ok most of these issues have been brought up in separate threads but I want to bring them all into one thread. The reason for this post is I just experienced all of these within the last 30 min to one hour. I also want to point out these are for ranked games in low elo. This issue may not get the attention it needs because I honestly feel like these issues happen more in low elo games.

1. AFK's for the entire game: There is recent post about this but again just putting this in here. In two games in a row there was a player that never logged in for a second after champions select. Fortunately for me it only happened once on my side. These may be legit dc's who knows, but I still think a safeguard should be in place for this. Personally if a person afk's the whole game I think you should give the winning team their elo, have the afk lose elo, and the rest of the losing team stay where they were. The fact during a 4 v 5 the team with four people has to wait 20 minutes, they take an elo loss on top of that. Also whether the team with 4 wins (in the rare occurrences) or loses the afk person should lose ELO no matter what.

2. Trolls during champion select: I know this has been gone over, and this is a major overhaul needed to do this, but something really needs to be put in place for pregame. Even if it is a separate reporting server that stacks reports separately from in game reports this is highly needed. I was in que four times, and the first three times someone on the other side left. The fourth time I realized why, there was a troll duo. One who called a specific position, it was given to him then he picked another (wouldn't have been an issue but it was the fourth pick). The fifth pick then proceeded to type top fifteen times and pick a top even though we had one. The reason I know both were trolls, is they were the only two champions consistently picked every time. We really shouldn't be forced to go into a game, waste 20 min minimum, lose elo, before we can report.

3. Que dodges: You have the new system that is in place to monitor people that que dodge or force people to que dodge, which is awesome, but it really needs to go a step further. I am now on a 1 hour wait (not sure why it wasn't 30 min, I havet dodge in weeks much less today), because I was the one that dodge the fourth time from these two champions. If we are leaving que, there really should be an option for us to say why we are leaving. And if we are leaving because of a troll summoner, let us have that as an option and we can select who it is. Yes this can get abused but you monitor excessive use for everything now so this could be as well. Personally if someone says they left for a troll pick I would love if this nullified the timer to go into a game (maybe even once) but if I knew I could at least report this person for forcing me and 3 other people before me to leave I could deal with the wait easier.

Lyte I know none of this can be done over night, and even if you lie to me and say you will look into ways to make these issues improve, myself and many others would find some solace in that.

Many people complain about an Elo Hell, and many say it doesn't exist. Well I believe it does, but not in the way many people think. I think this low of an Elo is Elo Hell just because of the amount of trolls that exist. If I stayed this elo forever, but at least knew every game would be competitive I wouldn't care nearly as much. Most people say the reason Elo Hell doesn't exist is because it all evens its self out. If your trolled the other team will eventually be trolled, citing the laws of averages. My issue is neither side should ever have to argue averages when going into a game to compete and have fun.

Respectfully,

Dustin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObsidianNight

10-06-2012

Bumping. Why is it the only threads that really get attention are the troll threads, and never the ones trying to put out creative and beneficial ideas for the community