why is "virgin" used as an insult?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LarcyBrown

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Aside from the horrific harlequin and vague air of sexism, this post is what's wrong with this thread. People act like your choices are either a) virgin until marriage/death or b) random bar action with strangers that you never speak to again.
What are the other choices anyways? , we are virgins , enlighten us with your wisdom!

KaiserFang

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra Avdey View Post
It's only an insult if you are a guy. =)
gtfo

Fugis

10-06-2012

Sandusky had his way with me when i was 11, does that make me one of the cool non-virgins?

Darkwahn

10-06-2012

No seriously, most of you really really need to take a sex-ed class. This is horrible, some of the posts in this thread show why abstinence only education is a complete failure.

Ramsis The Great

10-06-2012

i rather be a virgin then be considered with the large population of ******* that get the women who because of the media are completly easy without question and think of being a non virgin as an acomplishment
the media has ruined society and this is why i refuse to conform to it

Crunchez

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
i'm sorry, what?
just because people aren't handing out their bodies like they mean nothing, means their social life is lacking?

are you dense?
While I get your point and respect it... Even waiting for the person you think is the ''perfect one'' may hurt you even more in the end... and on my point of view a body is a body.. have you ever seen ANY animals wanting to be virgin by pure choice of finding his perfect match? this is purely human emotion.. respectful but meaningless

Edit: As for peoples who use it as an insult.. just take it as a joke if you are REALLY a virgin.. you will get laid eventually... May sound stupid but girls does feel lack of confidence in a way and are less attracted by it.. be proud of yourself and half of the way is made haha (sorry for bad english)

Burstskee

10-06-2012

I think it's harder being a virgin nowadays with all the hoes around and about . So be proud screw dem thirsty hoes.

LarcyBrown

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchez View Post
While I get your point and respect it... Even waiting for the person you think is the ''perfect one'' may hurt you even more in the end... and on my point of view a body is a body.. have you ever seen ANY animals wanting to be virgin by pure choice of finding his perfect match? this is purely human emotion.. respectful but meaningless
The thing is, it may hurt to be like this in the end but, realisticly, some of us have seen the picture of what kind of human being you get to develop as when you have access to be an animal a bit too early in life.Let me tell you,
That is NOT a pretty picture T_T.
You know what, fill us in on how to be derived from this delusion in our heads and
then, no one will be worth being insulted as virgin.
After all these human emotions that are keeping us to be animals......
Oh wait! these emotions allow us to have countless hours to play league of legends!
Forget i said anything then, virgin for life ftw!

Eleventy Four

10-06-2012

The ability to acquire *** means that in some way you are desirable enough to be wanted by the opposite gender.

Using "Haha you're still a virgin." as an insult is the equivalent of saying "Haha you're and ugly undesirable loser."

Plain and simple, if you can't get ***, there is something undesirable and wrong with you.

Edit: Forgot to add in the part about the difference between choosing to be a virgin and being one for the reason listed above. If you're still a virgin at 18 by choice even though you had an opportunity at *** and denied it, then that is a different story altogether. But 99% of the cases of people 16+ who are still virgins are for the exact reason I talked about before, being incredibly undesirable in one way or another, even if they wanted *** they couldn't get it. Which is precisely why "you're a virgin" is a direct insult to them.

Gamon

10-06-2012

I'm 29 and virgin, come at me bra