As a TSM fan. Just gonna say it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sn0wY

10-06-2012

yeah im sorry i was routing for a couple of these new teams frost and even sword after watching them play i wanted them to beat tsm to show them that they need to get rid of the bighead and buckle down..... tsm is the greatest team right now it has ever been, just because i wanted them to get beat here doesn't mean i want them to quit trying to win lol

DoozleDorf

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
And re: TSM overall, game 2 came down to worse ward coverage.

They built a great lead through phenomenal play and then allowed the skarner ganks to catch people due to lack of wards.

If they focus on improving their map awareness capabilities, that will help a lot.

Each team has certain aspects of their game to polish such as:
- Map awareness
- Team fighting
- Laning
- Drafting strategy
- Team composition
- Map objectives
- Opposing team analysis
Etc

As the pro scene continues to develop, each aspect will grow stronger for the teams as they structure their practice regimens more effectively, get professional management, etc.

They'll get there. Korea has had 12 years to develop a well-managed scene, whereas this is really the first time it will be possible in the West.
This is why NA teams failed. One of the TPA players said in his interview 'we wake up around 9:30am and start to practice...... until we sleep'. And he means every day/week/month... not for the 3 weeks leading up to the World Finals. They treat winning like a profession instead of focusing on product deals, personal live streams, and playing solo queue games. Maybe TSM is happy in their existence for most of the year. They win regional tournaments, get product deals, have their stream fan bases, play solo-queue games, and occasionally scrim. What they (and other NA teams) need to decide for themselves is whether or not they want to join the top tier. If so, they will have to approach their chosen 'profession' a lot more professionally....

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:

They built a great lead through phenomenal play and then allowed the skarner ganks to catch people due to lack of wards.

If they focus on improving their map awareness capabilities, that will help a lot.
I think this misses the mark. What you are describing is a symptom of what took them down.

TSM fell into their trap of passive play. They got ahead, which forced Azubu to be more passive, but instead of TSM pressing their advantage and forcing Azubu to react to them, they fell into being passive and farming, and let Azubu back into it.

It was that passive just go around and farm up lanes/objectives that led them to being caught out of position by skarner. If they had constantly put pressure on the lanes and forced Azubu to react to them then skarner wouldn't be able to roam around and catch them. Wards were a factor sure but I think the bigger issue is how NA teams ease up the pressure when they get ahead, assuming their lead will be enough to keep them ahead and winning fights.

As soon as Azubu got ahead they pushed TSM from all directions, forcing TSM to react to them as they switched lanes pushing down towers.

I just think it will take a while for the NA teams to discard their tendency to go passive when there is a lull. Once they learn to pressure the enemy team constantly when they get a lead I think they will do fine vs the asian teams.

Remuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:

Each team has certain aspects of their game to polish such as:
- Map awareness
- Team fighting
- Laning
- Drafting strategy
- Team composition
- Map objectives
- Opposing team analysis
Etc

As the pro scene continues to develop, each aspect will grow stronger for the teams as they structure their practice regimens more effectively, get professional management, etc.

They'll get there. Korea has had 12 years to develop a well-managed scene, whereas this is really the first time it will be possible in the West.
Crazy seeing Mr President himself post like this! What would you say, personally, is M5's "weakness" then? I don't care if you're right or not and don't have intention of arguing it, it's just I keep hearing they don't have a weakness so I'd like your opinion on the subject.

Steven Deschain

10-06-2012

Okay lets get some things straight here, Dyrus and TSM as a whole lost because they do not take the game seriously. The Darius pick was an obvious move to please the crowd, nothing more. Dyrus was acting like he was on stream and not in front of hundreds of thousands of players wanting to see him play his best.

Azubu frost trained harder, and took the event much more seriously than all of the American teams and so they won. Working harder, training harder > Crowd pleasing hubris and arrogant gameplay.

Shadaii

10-06-2012

Bloody poke comps, I hate them. I find them so frigging boring and predictable to watch. Such a cheap strat to employ.

Ocarino

10-06-2012

its bc dyrus doesnt use rumble ]

Rushinq

10-06-2012

Now buff tryndamere

Kendall Jenner

10-06-2012

I feel like Dyrus hasn't been performing too well this weekend.

I think he takes this game to a higher level of seriousness. The Korean teams practice too much.

I take that back. There is not such thing as practicing too much.

Zieka

10-06-2012

Its pretty easy to criticize when you are watching the game as a spectator; Dyrus may have made mistakes but so did everyone on TSM; even the almost always sound and safe play of choax was disrupted when he got caught out multiple times when he knew he shouldn't. To the point though: Dyrus is an extremely good player who is directly responsible for many more wins for TSM than he is for losses. Much of that is overlooked in this thread. It sucks to see TSM get knocked off so early but they did have to go up against Frost, who have been predicted by many, for months now, to take the whole tournament.

I understand people's frustration in seeing the normally dominate NA team make mistakes and get destroyed but I think you need to reassess the difficulties and hardships of winning this tournament. These are the best players in the world and there are many subtle things, some intended, some unintended, that disrupt teams from playing their best.