@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chumbler

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Welp, you'll see it when we release it. I also am pretty sure I know that I know female champions don't have to be "sexy". "Sexy" is actually the worst generalization you can throw around because of all the vast opinions on what is so. My version of sexy is probably a far cry from yours. Please don't generalize or assume to know my preferences. I have a feeling you have no idea what I think.
In many of your posts about Diana or about darkflame Shyvana's boob window you kept mentioning sexy qualities, or ways to keep in sexiness in despite the more conservative armor, or things that you find sexy about the character. There's not a problem with finding something sexy. There is a problem when choices regarding the character are made with sexiness - in whatever sense - in mind when it is not or should not be relevant to the character. Is there a problem with MF or Ahri being made sexy? No, because it's an important element of their character (as long as that character type is used sparingly). Is there a problem with what is basically death knights Shyvana or Sejuani for example being sexy? Yes, there kind of is. You're right that I don't know what goes on in your head. I only have your posts to judge from. But they have given me the impression that "How can I make this character sexy?" goes through your head when in many cases it really shouldn't.

I apologize for coming across as and, frankly, being really short about this issue, but reading and dealing with all of the horrible attitudes in this thread has taken its toll on my patience and politeness. And I won't be unfair and say there has been no improvement anywhere, ever. Syndra's alternate skin is fantastic, and if I weren't so terrible with her I'd represent it a ton. I also give you credit on Diana. But that comes with the knowledge that Soraka's character was destroyed so that she could be turned into a 14 year old girl and Syndra's default skin is the most fetish-fuely thing since Eve, and on top of that she had a literally heaving bosom in her login splash. And there's the "I'm missing a few ribs and organs" splash art for MF and Morgana. While there are steps forward, it feels like each of those steps forward comes with a step back. Hopefully that explains why I'm skeptical of these claims of progress, and I acknowledge that those are probably projects that have been running for a long time.

I am not trying to be abusive or harass you, but I am being critical. You show more sensitivity to the issue than many others at Riot do (and definitely more than many players do), it just seems like you still miss some of the details.

Shaella

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddric View Post
I want a champion like Hammer from Fable 2.
TOO BAD THAT GAME WAS TERRlBLE

zionist shill

10-06-2012

I somewhat agree with you OP. Honestly I don't really care too much if they release a few champions like Ahri and MF, they have to keep the horny teenagers happy, so it's fine by me.

But lately the champion design for Females has been quite bland, and frankly, I don't see a reason for them to change it, nor do I believe they ever will. But that's just me.

Oddric

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
TOO BAD THAT GAME WAS TERRlBLE
TOO BAD THAT WASN'T THE POINT OF MY POST

a

MathMage

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
ITS ALMOST LIKE THEY COULD SOMEDAY FOLLOW UP ON THAT KASSADIN'S DAUGHTER THING
/stare
wtf are you doing back here shaella

don't you have some lions to like or something

Zatir

10-06-2012

The Men of the League of Legends: Playgirl Edition.

NSA Datalord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Please don't bring political correctness into games, there's too much of that in the world already. If you want some particular sort of hero made ask for it, but stop fronting like there's a 3 billion woman solidarity movement backing up your every whim and opinion.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-06-2012
7 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Just out of curiosity IronStylus, could a female champion ever look like this?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Also, I found this blog post referring to Sejuani and (I am assuming?) Riot's feelings about female champions. Do you all still have this sentiment?
No.

Flana Scarlet

10-06-2012

Out of curiosity, I went and dug this image up from the bowels of the internet: the starting 10 classes in Dark Souls:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7214/imagerqz.jpg

I'd just like to ask what people think about this as a comparion. Some of the armor like Bandit or Hunter are clearly female, because they accentuate the body. However, some like Knight or Cleric do a pretty good job of completely obscuring physical traits. Unless they aren't wearing a hat, you won't really know until you hit 'em.

Then you have Pyromancers and Wanderer, where you can tell, but you could easily miss it on the first look.

How do you (the reader!) think they compare? Do you think you could tell at a glance what each class could do (roughly) just by appearance or silhouette?

And no, I'm not peddling for Dark Souls in my LoL, despite the fact Capra Demon would prbably be a rockin' mid anti-mage. I think a problem with some of the female designs is that they don't project the right information about who the champion is, or in some cases what they do. Sion, lookin' at you.

Instalock Diana

10-06-2012

Is this what its come down to? Feminism in League? Who cares how the champions look, who cares if it is a girl or guy behind the Summoner. Just play the game. I know a bunch of girls 1800+ ELO who give no cares about the looks of the girl summoners. I think you're literally just finding something to complain about. Again, it is a "FANTASY" game, this in no way reflects real life. If you're upset because of some characters in this game, I am glad I do not have to hear you B***h about things IRL.