@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Thank you for excellent examples of womanhood. My reaction to Lin Bei Fong was "A million times YES!" She is a total badass!
If there was ever a champion made like Lin, I would flip out.
I think every single male fan of ATLA/LoK thinks Lin is the best female character in both of the series (only rivaled by Toph) and a lot of them that I know play League.

Age isn't terribly important, but it goes to show that no one cares if a woman is past childbearing age. Everyone can and will still love her if she is awesome.

Flana Scarlet

10-06-2012

before I forget...

GIVE ME A MECHROMANCER, RIOT!

I want a scrawny tomboy girl who'd beat your ass in just because she could, or wanted too. Variety doesn't have to be "Gragas or Garen", geif other body types and personalities.

Human sized girl version of Rumble, only without the mech? Yes please.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Angel View Post
Don't worry, my condemning comment wasn't directed at you. I actually upvoted your original post even though I didn't agree with all of it. Hard to have a discussion if you're downvoted into silence.
Ah, good to hear. Well thanks for the support. I was extremely worried that my thread would be locked due to downvotes, but the LoL community overall is actually pretty understanding. It's easy to forget that sometimes.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

What's the longest thread ever without a red post?

Because I think we might set a record soon.

Go figure.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
If there was ever a champion made like Lin, I would flip out.
I think every single male fan of ATLA/LoK thinks Lin is the best female character in both of the series (only rivaled by Toph) and a lot of them that I know play League.

Age isn't terribly important, but it goes to show that no one cares if a woman is past childbearing age. Everyone can and will still love her if she is awesome.
Exactly. Lin is one of several examples of extremely popular characters that don't rely on their looks in order to attract male fans.

MathMage

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post

Go figure.
No, there have been threads that have gone thousands of pages without seeing a red post (I'm thinking of one in particular about 6300 IP champs).

Zatir

10-06-2012

Mmmmm, stripper Garen and Jarvan pls.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:

Go figure.
I think the thread asking for new particles for Nidalee's Halloween skin got to 500 pages or so without a red post. It'll be hard to beat. :P

Daemon

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flana Scarlet View Post
before I forget...

GIVE ME A MECHROMANCER, RIOT!

I want a scrawny tomboy girl who'd beat your ass in just because she could, or wanted too. Variety doesn't have to be "Gragas or Garen", geif other body types and personalities.

Human sized girl version of Rumble, only without the mech? Yes please.

I actually drew a champion concept for such a character a few days ago.

She was about 12-13, and she built robots. Her abilities revolved around controlling a giant robot with her remote control-like gauntlet that channeled her psychic abilities (something like Ezreal and Riven's gauntlets). Her personality is a lot like original Ezreal (cocky, self-absorbed kid genius and a tad bit...crazy.) Her psychic-ability channeling gauntlet works on all tech, not just her's, but for the sake of the League, it only controls her giant robot.

Daemon

10-06-2012

Quote:

Go figure.

IRONSTYLUS, I SUMMON THEE.

(He is usually the one to respond to these threads. I am surprised he hasn't shown up.)