@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimwolff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysinc View Post
Do you do this to guys to? And what makes you decide that's what the girls are trying to incite when they go off telling people they're a girl.

Girls in real life dress super revealing. Does that mean they are asking to get rape? NO
Girls tell other people they are girls for whatever reason. Does that mean they are trying to incite some harassment from players? NO
These are some stupid comments. Girls dress super revealing because they want attention. This is the same argument I'm making, girls reveal themselves because they want the attention of being a girl gamer. But then when they get harassed instead of praised and loved they go and cry about it.

Why not just say anything and if someone in game says "he" who the heck cares??? I play as a female champion and as a female toon in games and when people say "she" referring to me, I just don't care. Like why make a point of it? You're playing an online game that gender should have no baring on anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashxu View Post
B--b-but

I like boobies
I don't want to take the boobies away from you. I think Riot should continue to make boobilicious champions for you. But there are an awful lot of boobies already. Maybe they could take a break from that and try something new for a while? Then we'll come back to boobies, I swear!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Z3ratu1

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Well written post. Although, in all fairness, IronStylus did bring up about how Diana default skin was moving in a better direction. They might be headed more in that direction.


But, that wasn't really your point. Your point wasn't that we have too many bikinis, it was there aren't enough eye-candy for women gamers.

So! Come up with a champion that IS eye candy for women gamers, if Pentakill brolaf and trynd aren't doing it. Making a sexy female champion is easy: breast size ^, clothes \/.


Making a sexy male champion seems to be more difficult. We have a few with muscles and no shirt, yet that doesn't seem to be fitting your definition. So, either create some concept art or rip some off google/DA.

What makes Varus sexy and Trynd or Panth not?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chumbler

Senior Member

10-05-2012

^^^^ The OP's point was both the lack of parity and the overabundance of sexualized women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRoll Jesus View Post
Lastly its a video game who really cares? We male players BS around, we treat woman as other males online. We make fun of people around us and bust them around thats just how men are.
If you're interacting with other real people, you should care. You don't walk up to random people in the street and harass them for their gender or whatever else (and if you actually do, well you're simply scum). What makes it okay to treat male as the default? I'm a man and I do not make fun of people in games or bust them up, so your statement that that is how men are is clearly false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwolff View Post
These are some stupid comments. Girls dress super revealing because they want attention. This is the same argument I'm making, girls reveal themselves because they want the attention of being a girl gamer. But then when they get harassed instead of praised and loved they go and cry about it.

Why not just say anything and if someone in game says "he" who the heck cares??? I play as a female champion and as a female toon in games and when people say "she" referring to me, I just don't care. Like why make a point of it? You're playing an online game that gender should have no baring on anything.
Who are you to presume other people's motivations? Also, just because you aren't annoyed by something doesn't mean others aren't or shouldn't be. And if gender shouldn't have an effect on anything, then why are women harassed for saying they are women? "Act like a male or get harassed" is not gender having no bearing on anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squilcher

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Tl;dr


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canadían

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Riots main group of players is male teenagers/young adults. Like any company, they need to make money. They make more money appealing to the larger demographic (hormone filled men), which means alot of sexy female characters for them to drool over.

This issue is honestly quite annoying, as you are not the first, and will not be the last person to get offended by something that is in no way offensive. They simply make more money this way.


Im pretty sure if females were the larger group, they would be making much more attractive male splash arts, and im pretty sure no woman would complain about that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Surgo

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Thank you thank you thank you for making this thread. This sums up exactly what I have been trying to say for ages, but with much better explanations and far more charisma than I could ever have.

Four the record, I have four friends who refuse to play this game for exactly the reasons stated in the OP. Not one, not two, not three, but four. That's four people who enjoy the the style of game and even the lore, but have become paying customers of something else like DOTA 2 instead of paying customers of Riot Games -- for exactly these reasons.

For all the people talking about "IronStylus said this", in all honesty he has completely lost his credibility. After Diana, what did we receive? Syndra, the anorexic Morgana art, and the unbelievable Miss Fortune art. All of these things could make the Escher Girls blog. Sorry, but I see no change in direction whatsoever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KalastRaven

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Ugh I swear it never ends. Thread after thread, post after post. Eventually they will give in and make a dog-ugly champ and it will not sell at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ashxu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummin View Post
Being a female I agree that we have to hide our gender because people do nothing but make kitchen jokes, about being overweight to play this game, or asking us to show our body parts. Its also like a global taunt on yourself, everyone wants to kill you because "female gamers don't belong here". I play with my husband and some of our friends, and when someone finds out im a girl it turns into a horrible game, with either my team refusing to help me because I die once even if Im doing well. My own team will harrass me and treat me poorly, thus I refuse to say my gender in most cases. Alot of my past friends never even knew and the team work would be great and I can support or carry if I want. Now with the skins, I do mainly play female champs, and I own all of them, plus skins. I dont like how alot of them look like their tops will fall off, and I dont like how their backs have been disfigured. other skins dont appeal to me. I personally love my mythic cassiopeia skin, wicked lulu, I own frenchmaid nidalee and her egypt one. I understand from other games to get males to play women champs you have to make it something nice to look at. I generally dont play males, I do own nunu ez taric ali cho kog, and I often play shen gragas corki mao and skarner. I love how diverse those champions are in looks and the way they play. the female champs may be overly sexualized but aside what I have already typed here it dosent bother me too much. what really bothers me is I dont get treated like a gamer who loves the game, works hard to win, and learn great placements, I get treated like someone who should be playing hello kitty and making food for men in kitchens, or like every male in the game wants to give me free mammograms.
I think the reason why a lot of guys have a grudge against female gamers is because the ones that stand out are huge attention seekers who do nothing but go "omg im a girl pay attention to me"

This is especially apparent when you have female streamers (which are not exclusive to LoL) that use the majority of the screen for their web cam and shove the actual gameplay footage into a corner.


just my 2 cents, idc what gender my teammates are. My rule is that if I haven't noticed then it doesn't matter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bianary

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgo View Post
Not one, not two, not three, but four. That's four people who enjoy the the style of game and even the lore, but have become paying customers of something else like DOTA 2 instead of paying customers of Riot Games -- for exactly these reasons.
Four! Ah. Ha. Ha. Ha.

/Count von Count