@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madjai

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriphor View Post
You read an implication that was not intended. Abuse for any reason is unacceptable. I have said this repeatedly.
I read your implication.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krejdar

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
I wish for some more female opinions here.
I really think it's mostly the guys reading this and they don't really feel like it's much of a concern since that problem so to speak doesn't refer to them.
Signed,
concerned male :P

Edit: I mean, are there even some semi-pro or a single pro female player in LoL right now? Shouldn't that strike a bell ?
A lot of females have posted in this thread.

And what does it matter if they're pro or not? Are you pro? We're all playing the same game, whether we get paid to do so or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BerserkSheal

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriphor View Post
You read an implication that was not intended. Abuse for any reason is unacceptable. I have said this repeatedly.
And as Ive said, there are functions that you can use to avoid abuse. You seem to keep ignoring this fact by stating it just reaffirms that they can keep continuing bulling others, which is false.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeriphor

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjai View Post
I read your implication.
If you are going to come up with things to argue against, and ignore what I'm actually saying, then I have nothing further to discuss with you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madjai

Senior Member

10-06-2012

And if any Riot employee is reading through this thread, I want to have the psychological conversation about this. Hell, I'd gladly submit my Resume to Riot and work on PBJ just to give a good, clear and concise psychological understandings and thought processes behind players' decisions, arguments and disagreements.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madjai

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriphor View Post
If you are going to come up with things to argue against, and ignore what I'm actually saying, then I have nothing further to discuss with you.
That's a hypocritical statement and you know it. You chose to completely ignore what I said and try to play the card that I misread something that YOU implied.

Either jump off your high horse and post something constructive or stop trying to misread and twist my words on the topic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeriphor

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkSheal View Post
And as Ive said, there are functions that you can use to avoid abuse. You seem to keep ignoring this fact by stating it just reaffirms that they can keep continuing bulling others, which is false.
I thought you were done talking to me because of different views on the ability to change the community?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjai View Post
And if any Riot employee is reading through this thread, I want to have the psychological conversation about this. Hell, I'd gladly submit my Resume to Riot and work on PBJ just to give a good, clear and concise psychological understandings and thought processes behind players' decisions, arguments and disagreements.
I was going to argue that this seems more philosophical than psychological, then I realized that most people here are so set on their opinions and "morals."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BerserkSheal

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriphor View Post
I thought you were done talking to me because of different views on the ability to change the community?
I was, until you continued to ignore the context of the whole argument.

You keep ranting on about abuse is unacceptable, and no one is disagreeing there.

But when functions exist specifically to deal with said instances you should suggest using them sometime, not sitting around crying for civility.

But alas, Im tired and its 7 am. Continue on if you want.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeriphor

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkSheal View Post
I was, until you continued to ignore the context of the whole argument.

You keep ranting on about abuse is unacceptable, and no one is disagreeing there.

But when functions exist specifically to deal with said instances you should suggest using them sometime, not sitting around crying for civility.

But alas, Im tired and its 7 am. Continue on if you want.
The ignore function is in place as a stopper to prevent any further verbal abuse from happening. The responsibility is with the one performing the abuse to not abuse, not the one getting abused to take action to not be abused.

When you claim that someone getting abused is at fault for not doing something to stop it, in this case ignoring them, then you are blaming the victim.