@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoKitty View Post
I understand, however I still think that it shouldn't matter if I'm a girl or not. I shouldn't have to hide it, and no that doesn't mean I'm going to announce it either. Since now I have to specify, I don't want to be treated above any other player in game either.
I want to be able to type in chat "Good job, Kayla!" without it being an issue.
Then play with 4 others. Or get skype.

BerserkSheal

10-06-2012

Quote:
I understand, however I still think that it shouldn't matter if I'm a girl or not. I shouldn't have to hide it, and no that doesn't mean I'm going to announce it either. Since now I have to specify, I don't want to be treated above any other player in game either.
I want to be able to type in chat "Good job, Kayla!" without it being an issue.
And you're expecting civility and respect in a game where you are essentially anonymous.

And we just went over the point that there exists circumventions to protect players against internet stupidity.

But, you refuse to wish to use them and want people to change for you.

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkSheal View Post
And you're expecting civility and respect in a game where you are essentially anonymous.

And we just went over the point that there exists circumventions to protect players against internet stupidity.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

Can't repeat in any differently.

xStrawberryKitty

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkSheal View Post

K.
I'm just saying I shouldn't have to.
And yeah, those people who treat women like **** should never change! Happy now?

Krejdar

10-06-2012

Quote:
K.
And yeah, those people who treat women like **** should never change! Happy now?
You are a lost cause.
Serious female gamers everywhere cry and cop flak because of people acting just like you do.

Thanks for that.

Kheth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

I read this and just went through champions looking at all their great visual features.
+1 for pointing out where to find fap material on SFW site.

Dawgenstien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

well, I don't see an issue, all you did was summarize what you believe to be a problem, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the art/models of any champions with the exception of some of the older ones only because they're out-dated. In reality people want to use a character that they find appealing, I play a wide variety of champs, most of which I begin playing because I think their art looks cool.

Take my favorite champ Trundle for example, I know that Trolls are commonly known for their regenerative abilities, brute strength, and lack of intelligence, and I think RIOT's way of portraying Trundle was fantastic. Trundle's tribe was cursed to constantly decay and Trundle's regenerative power was the greatest amongst all of the trolls in his tribe, for this reason he took on the curses of his entire tribe to ease their suffering. Now, Trundle's "flesh constantly sloughs off his body, only to be re-grown in an unremitting cycle", that's so grotesque it's fascinating, I think RIOT did a spectacular job on his design! But for some reason in my mind females are associated with beauty, and if Trundle had been drawn as female character I'd probably find her to be a bit disturbing.

An important thing to keep in mind is that RIOT make's their profits off the purchases of skins and champions, and an ugly troll woman isn't going to sell, just in the same way that a male stripper skin (which was referenced in the OP) won't sell, and even if it did, a large number of RIOT employees would have to spend their time Drawing, Modeling, Animating, etc. for something that is most likely not appealing to them. Seeing as how RIOT makes logical decisions I wouldn't count on them asking their male employees to start working on a male stripper skin any time soon.

Realistically, what will it take for you to be satisfied with RIOT, and I'm asking what Exactly do you want them to do, because if you can't come up a good answer yourself than don't ask for RIOT to reply to you. If by chance you do have something in mind that you believe RIOT should do then please enlighten us. However, if this is something ridiculous that will cost RIOT more than it will earn them in profits than don't even suggest it.

I don't mean to come off as angry/disrespectful, but that's exactly how it seems you're addressing RIOT, and because I respect them as a company it upset's me to see someone accuse them of being sexist, you can't expect them to sink resources into something that they know won't earn profits.

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
K.

FYI, they treat anyone and everyone like ****. The fact that you're a girl, just makes it easier to start the fire when you infer or imply that fact.

tempnameA461

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjai View Post
FYI, they treat anyone and everyone like ****. The fact that you're a girl, just makes it easier to start the fire when you infer or imply that fact.
Because they think they know that you're lying.

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailsupport548 View Post
Because they think they know that you're lying.
Hell, even if you're telling the truth, the first calls that come to mind are so easy to bait it out with, aren't they? It's just like saying, "I play Tryndamere because I'm ripped irl" when in all honesty anyone else would just say, "LOL YOU'RE A FAT NERD IN YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT H4H4H4H4H4H4 TROLOLOLOL" etc.