@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jetrel61

10-06-2012

Relax, some of these kids can read what youre saying but cant understand it. Then try to defend people for acting like social outcasts the moment you are referred to as "she" by a friend you know personally. They are just making themselves look bad and are not really posting about what the actual problem is. These people like to think that this sort of behavior towards people of the opposite gender is justified in some way or another when in fact it is not. Trying to rationalize it cant be done because it is simply not rational.

I've been playing games online since before starcraft and i must say that out of all the game communities the moba community has to be the worst. As posted above these games seem to attract the most hate filled, racist,sexist and toxic people the internet has to offer. In my opinion worse than the youtube commentators.

What im trying to say is that these people are mostly scumbags defending other scumbags. In closing being referred to as a her or she, or heaven forbid her actual name is no grounds to stop all intelligent conversation and begin with the sexist hateful bull**** ive seen over and over in this community.

Reading the above male commentary made me sick, reading the rationalization behind acting like a sexist jerk made you all look bad and gives us a glimpse of how messed up you people are. shame on you all.

xStrawberryKitty

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjai View Post
So now you're just tripping over everything you said in the past 10 posts.

What I mean to clarify about the chat and the ToS is that: Anything you say in it is under scrutiny of your peers. It's part of the summoners code to do so and you put yourself on display by posting in chat. This quote becomes a good reference: "It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool, rather than to open it and remove all doubt."

Put up or shut up. Simple.
I feel attacked now.
To be honest I have no idea how to reply to this.
I have no idea how it even came to the point of me thinking I'm better than the rest of the players in this game and how I'm using it for gossip, from me simply wanting to play the game without harassment over my gender.

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrel61 View Post
Relax, some of these kids can read what youre saying but cant understand it. Then try to defend people for acting like social outcasts the moment you are referred to as "she" by a friend you know personally. They are just making themselves look bad and are not really posting about what the actual problem is. These people like to think that this sort of behavior towards people of the opposite gender is justified in some way or another when in fact it is not. Trying to rationalize it cant be done because it is simply not rational.

I've been playing games online since before starcraft and i must say that out of all the game communities the moba community has to be the worst. As posted above these games seem to attract the most hate filled, racist,sexist and toxic people the internet has to offer. In my opinion worse than the youtube commentators.

What im trying to say is that these people are mostly scumbags defending other scumbags. In closing being referred to as a her or she, or heaven forbid her actual name is no grounds to stop all intelligent conversation and begin with the sexist hateful bull**** ive seen over and over in this community.

Reading the above male commentary made me sick, reading the rationalization behind acting like a sexist jerk made you all look bad and gives us a glimpse of how messed up you people are. shame on you all.

Why don't you go stick your white lance somewhere safe eh?

Krejdar

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoKitty View Post
I feel attacked now.
I have no idea how it even came to the point of me thinking I'm better than the rest of the players in this game and how I'm using it for gossip, from me simply wanting to play the game without harassment over my gender.
Dear god, I've never facepalmed myself so hard in my life.

Jetrel61

10-06-2012

at least it has a place in society.

chumbler

10-06-2012

Quote:

+1 There are a lot of people in this thread showing that they are truly worthless human beings.

Krejdar

10-06-2012

Quote:
So does ignorance.

BerserkSheal

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejdar View Post
Dear god, I've never facepalmed myself so hard in my life.
Me neither, but then again this might just be a top 5 for me.

LegendaryLemur

10-06-2012

Quote:
Why would you antagonize them just after you completely shut them down?

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoKitty View Post
I feel attacked now.
The simple of it is, you are enabling others to know that you're a girl. You are putting yourself on show. Just like any other summoner is putting themself on show when they speak in chat.

I put myself on show when I get annoyed at people for playing badly after I try to coach them correctly.
I put myself on show when I get frustrated at idiots that are too busy having conversations in chat rather than playing the game in the first place. (Go talk about your day on facebook yo!)

But above all things, I put myself on show when I play League of Legends, as a Summoner, that is judged by my peers on a Tribunal and granted honor by my peers ("peers" being players) as a result of my good actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLemur View Post
Why would you antagonize them just after you completely shut them down?
As for you, when you're done fence-sitting and trying to be a mediator, why don't you grow some metaphoric balls and post a coherent statement?