@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krejdar

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoKitty View Post
That's good, I'm glad you can enjoy and have fun without someone harassing you about your gender. I still however don't think it's right that you have to basically pretend you're male just so you don't get harassed. I'm NOT saying that because you are female you should tell everybody and expect everyone to follow you around and die for you lol.
I'm not pretending I'm a boy. I'm simply not telling them I'm NOT a boy. Why do I need/want that attention when I only want to play the game. ;\

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
That's good, I'm glad you can enjoy and have fun without someone harassing you about your gender. I still however don't think it's right that you have to basically pretend you're male just so you don't get harassed. I'm NOT saying that because you are female you should tell everybody and expect everyone to follow you around and die for you lol.
Then what are you trying to imply? That you should be able to tell everyone and expected to be treated better?

There's no double standards. If you played as standard and wanted to frag just as much as anyone else, you can be a valued (valued used loosely here) part of the community.

Why do you even NEED or WANT to tell anyone you're a girl?

xStrawberryKitty

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalactusMultiV View Post
Girls tend to be harassed in all multi-player games. Not just LoL, and LoL is certainly not the worst.

Because as the saying goes, "There are no girl gamers"
What? Even in TF2 I haven't had this kind of harassment, and we had plenty of 13 year olds in our server. (WHY DID THEY RUIN IT WITH HATS? :C) It isn't the worst game specifically for it, but I must admit it does have a very bad community. Not just for sexism, a lot of people are just racist and nasty towards other players in general for no reason. Even when you're winning.

Cattington III

10-06-2012

Nazi Germany:-

"If you just don't tell them you're jewish then they won't harass you!"

godwin'd

1scythe1

10-06-2012

I love feminists. Serious question here: How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 2. 1 for the lightbulb and 1 to suck my ****.

BerserkSheal

10-06-2012

Quote:
What? Even in TF2 I haven't had this kind of harassment, and we had plenty of 13 year olds in our server. (WHY DID THEY RUIN IT WITH HATS? :C) It isn't the worst game specifically for it, but I must admit it does have a very bad community. Not just for sexism, a lot of people are just racist and nasty towards other players in general for no reason. Even when you're winning.
a lot of people are just racist and nasty towards other players in general for no reason. Even when you're winning

Welcome to the internet, and trust me .. LoL isn't the only game.

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
And this surprises you?

On the Internet, people are talking copious amounts of **** without fear due to anonymity? OH MY GOD!??!?!??

xStrawberryKitty

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjai View Post
Then what are you trying to imply? That you should be able to tell everyone and expected to be treated better?

There's no double standards. If you played as standard and wanted to frag just as much as anyone else, you can be a valued (valued used loosely here) part of the community.

Why do you even NEED or WANT to tell anyone you're a girl?
As I've said before I play almost all of my games with my friends. They are female as well. We use the in-game chat system and call each other by name.
I'm trying to imply that I shouldn't have to be treated differently because of your gender in game. If you're going to ***** at me for being a terrible player, do it. Just don't do it because of my gender.

azealia banks

10-06-2012

Hmmm.. copious amounts of upvotes on the (very ignorant) first comment from TL;DRers.. shocking, isn't it?

chumbler

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLurch View Post
Comparing gender harrassment to a mass genocide good work.
The analogy is being used to explain why victim blaming is incredibly stupid. I'm sorry you don't understand that.