@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winterstride

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayriath View Post
It was part of his post, from what I was reading.

Either way, let me list off some: Leona, Lux, Annie, Cassiopeia, Diana, Fiora, Irelia, Karma, Kayle, Leblanc, Lulu, Orianna, Shyvana, Tristana

In my opinion, do not fit the same 'sexualized' theme of being mostly naked in most of their skins/overall design. There's PLENTY of female champs that don't fit that, I think they're just paying too close attention to the ones that do and ignoring the ones that don't.
All of the humanoid champs in your list (because the focus here is on humanoid females) share the exact same body type. Most of those champs have a lot of skins with art that features poses that reflect nothing about the champion's personality or mechanical feel and are just fan service poses.

This is the kind of treatment we're talking about.

I think you've misinterpreted the opening post a little bit here.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
"The only reason YOU can think of."
That's what you don't get.
thats because its the one of my main points. thats what you dont get.

Ayriath

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
All of the humanoid champs in your list (because the focus here is on humanoid females) share the exact same body type. Most of those champs have a lot of skins with art that features poses that reflect nothing about the champion's personality or mechanical feel and are just fan service poses.

This is the kind of treatment we're talking about.

I think you've misinterpreted the opening post a little bit here.
Maybe a little, but reading through the comments hasn't helped.

If we're talking about them not reflecting the character's personality, shouldn't we be pissy about the 'quirky' skins too? Like Brolaf and Corporate Mundo, Gentleman Cho'Gath. I mean, it's practically the same idea only in a different context.
As much as I'd love to see more of the characters expounded upon, I can't feel annoyed at the idea that they're making fanservice skins when we can walk by any Victoria's Secret store in any typical mall in the area and see pictures of women half naked in the windows or just about any commercial we see on television.
The demographic is not in female favor. In fact, in the world of gaming it's never really ever been in female favor. One could say it's a good marketing ploy to keep drawing players in to their game by showing off sexy champions or champion skins-It's appealing to most males. Sorry, no offense ladies, but we're the smaller demographic. We won't be catered to because we aren't the majority, and that's just how most businesses work, which is likely why I'm not expecting much out of this otherwise.

Karolina

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
thats because its the one of the main points. thats what you dont get.
Okay I'm done with this. You get in a thread about oranges and start talking about apples because "that's implied in the OP".

The fact that Riot paid attention to this thread is enough for me. Carry on the nonsense.

EDIT: also, it must be pretty sad not getting the joke about Kitty Katarina.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:

If we're talking about them not reflecting the character's personality, shouldn't we be pissy about the 'quirky' skins too? Like Brolaf and Corporate Mundo, Gentleman Cho'Gath. I mean, it's practically the same idea only in a different context.
As much as I'd love to see more of the characters expounded upon, I can't feel annoyed at the idea that they're making fanservice skins when we can walk by any Victoria's Secret store in any typical mall in the area and see pictures of women half naked in the windows or just about any commercial we see on television.
The demographic is not in female favor. In fact, in the world of gaming it's never really ever been in female favor. One could say it's a good marketing ploy to keep drawing players in to their game by showing off sexy champions or champion skins-It's appealing to most males. Sorry, no offense ladies, but we're the smaller demographic. We won't be catered to because we aren't the majority, and that's just how most businesses work, which is likely why I'm not expecting much out of this otherwise.
i honestly think they can be catered to because most guys aren't biased like many think. just because we prefer eye candies, doesnt mean we won't accept the other.

xImaginaryfriend

10-10-2012

cry more OP, if you don't like the busty female champs feel free to play something else. I don't think I've ever heard any "normal" girl cry about being offended because some virtual girl in a game was busty or wearing some skimpy outfit. I've personally got 3 female friends into this game and none of them ever complained about such nonsense, in fact they all seemed to prefer playing most of the champs you cried about(mf, sona, cait, janna etc) Riot should never take the cries of a few butthurt feminists serious when all they do is look for offense around every corner. Crying about straight white males only shows how ridiculous and biased your opinion really is.

Winterstride

10-10-2012

Quote:

You've got a couple fallacies running here.

First, the fact that the objectification of women is common does not somehow make it all right in any context.

Second, objectifying women because it makes money doesn't make it okay either. In fact, this behavior on part of companies like Riot is a big reason why games like LoL are such a boys club.

Obviously, joke skins are great. But how many female humanoid champions have a really clever joke skins that don't turn them into fap material? Not many, not compared to their male counterparts.

I'm seriously questioning whether you read the opening post at all. That or the comments have thrown you off completely from the OP's original point.

Winterstride

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
i honestly think they can be catered to because most guys aren't biased like many think. just because we prefer eye candies, doesnt mean we won't accept the other.
This is the sanest thing you've posted, sir. Cheers.

Vu Sugoi

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
You've got a couple fallacies running here.

First, the fact that the objectification of women is common does not somehow make it all right in any context.

Second, objectifying women because it makes money doesn't make it okay either. In fact, this behavior on part of companies like Riot is a big reason why games like LoL are such a boys club.

Obviously, joke skins are great. But how many female humanoid champions have a really clever joke skins that don't turn them into fap material? Not many, not compared to their male counterparts.

I'm seriously questioning whether you read the opening post at all. That or the comments have thrown you off completely from the OP's original point.
define objectifying because just because we prefer a sexy or attractive girl, not all of us see them as objects.

Vu Sugoi

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xImaginaryfriend View Post
cry more OP, if you don't like the busty female champs feel free to play something else. I don't think I've ever heard any "normal" girl cry about being offended because some virtual girl in a game was busty or wearing some skimpy outfit. I've personally got 3 female friends into this game and none of them ever complained about such nonsense, in fact they all seemed to prefer playing most of the champs you cried about(mf, sona, cait, janna etc) Riot should never take the cries of a few butthurt feminists serious when all they do is look for offense around every corner. Crying about straight white males only shows how ridiculous and biased your opinion really is.
thats funny because i never heard them cry about it either. its just these few that are online. some of them are guys whos cry about it. no matter what the issue is, if someone is going to make a biased point, of course others will go against it. hence why theres so much debate on this because the OP isn't making the point clear or did make it clear and has a sexy female hate rant going on.

if riot then uses OP post as reference and make changes according to it then they would only pick up all the biased unfair remarks OP made to make changes on.