@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Upset? No
Bothered? Yes
I want to know why offering variety in female appearances upsets you sir.
It's not offering variety that is upsetting me, it's the fact people are upset over the lack of variety that upsets me. It upsets me when people make themselves upset over things that do not impede their progress in life in any way, especially over sources of opinion.

Sure, offer variety in female appearances, I don't mind at all, but for the love of god if anyone demands that they start doing it I'll blow a gasket.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
I'm not particularly offended by this, but even if I was: it's not the damn point of this thread.

And you sound like one of those guys who post "grow a thick skin" on verbal abuse threads.
Nah, I agree they should be punished, but I also agree people need to care less about internet jerks and things that don't actually affect them unless they make a conscious choice to be mad over it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusstrafe View Post
It's not offering variety that is upsetting me, it's the fact people are upset over the lack of variety that upsets me. It upsets me when people make themselves upset over things that do not impede their progress in life in any way, especially over sources of opinion.

Sure, offer variety in female appearances, I don't mind at all, but for the love of god if anyone demands that they start doing it I'll blow a gasket.
but how else are we supposed to make our desires known?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
but how else are we supposed to make our desires known?
Simple, less upsetness, more simply asking.

I mean, I agree with OP to a point, but man it did not need an itemized point for point depiction of every point of articulation on every character, and most of the lemmings that followed are louder and more torch and pitchforky than the original argument maker.

Speaking of which, directly emailing Riot is probably a lot better than flinging the debate to the forum prianhas. I'm a bit of a hardass when it comes to e-gumenting, and still sadly making a post more than a page long on a heavily controversial topic is just asking to start a brushfire.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusstrafe View Post
Simple, less upsetness, more simply asking.

I mean, I agree with OP to a point, but man it did not need an itemized point for point depiction of every point of articulation on every character, and most of the lemmings that followed are louder and more torch and pitchforky than the original argument maker.

Speaking of which, directly emailing Riot is probably a lot better than flinging the debate to the forum prianhas. I'm a bit of a hardass when it comes to e-gumenting, and still sadly making a post more than a page long on a heavily controversial topic is just asking to start a brushfire.
No one ever got anything done by asking nicely and calmly, you gotta whip up a firestorm


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rei Ayanami

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Why is this ***** being upvoted shes literally crying about a fantasy video game having pixel boobs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
No one ever got anything done by asking nicely and calmly, you gotta whip up a firestorm
Gandhi, Mother Teresa, any time Hindu/Tibetan monks protest really anything, quite a lot can be done nicely and calmly. Riot is most likely willing to work with ya'll and I hope they do, the average playerbase won't be, especially if it ever comes even close to reskinning old characters that have big boobs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
Pointing out issues with the character designs isn't insulting. Also, they have no feelings, it's not like saying Shaco is an idiot is morally wrong (and he's a ******).

You seem to hate the term "stripper". It's not a negative word, strippers have a job and unless they consider it demeaning themselves nobody can say it is.
The OP describes each skin. One looks like a stripper skin. What's the problem ?
(the problem actually is many of them share that design philosophy but that's it)

And in your post (the one I responded to) you say those who agree with change are "afraid" of champs with big boobs, then you proceed to say they are "babies" and "children". That's not discussing something, That's making **** up and trying to be condescending. Nowhere you refer to the actual point of this thread.

Speaking of agendas:
In line with your line of thought about conspiracies, agendas and whatnot I should probably deduce you want the game to be 18+ and have all champs naked. Because that's the way we should read between the lines, right ?
pointing it out is one thing, slapping labels on them as well is another. i dont hate strippers, i have roommates who paid their school tuition as a stripper. even know a judge that did the same thing. It's the way the OP use it. If he's not using it in a offensive manner then he wouldn't use the word to prove the point that its a problem. Unless OP is saying strippers have a problematic view and therefore is using it OR OP is saying the champ is an independent woman strong woman because she stripper.

and no, i dont want a 18+ game. I dont like the fact that someone makes extreme accusation without REAL careful thought in the comments they choose to make to support a suggestion by bashing one of the aspects of the game.

if girls getting harass by players because the are discovered they are girls, thats the players(not the girls fault) and its highly encouraged to report harassment. If you stop playing a champ because its too pretty then whatever tough idk, yell at riot for ugly champ of your choices because i dont might playing ugly.

I'm all for more variety on all level but if people going to push a sexist agenda instead of a "lack of variety" agenda then I have a problem because Riot has done it's best to level the field and truth be told, majority of the players are males that prefer a attractive female but not many people complained about lack of variety of females until recently. but dont address the issue where pointing a fact as a evil flaw of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusstrafe View Post
Gandhi, Mother Teresa, any time Hindu/Tibetan monks protest really anything, quite a lot can be done nicely and calmly. Riot is most likely willing to work with ya'll and I hope they do, the average playerbase won't be, especially if it ever comes even close to reskinning old characters that have big boobs.
Yeah Ghandi didn't ask nicely, he staged all sorts of ****. You know. HE COMPLAINED.

And Mother Teresa was a pretty goddamn terrible person

And the Tibet? Just checking but..
Yeah china still controls it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
pointing it out is one thing, slapping labels on them as well is another. i dont hate strippers, i have roommates who paid their school tuition as a stripper. even know a judge that did the same thing. It's the way the OP use it. If he's not using it in a offensive manner then he wouldn't use the word to prove the point that its a problem. Unless OP is saying strippers have a problematic view and therefore is using it OR OP is saying the champ is an independent woman strong woman because she stripper.

and no, i dont want a 18+ game. I dont like the fact that someone makes extreme accusation without REAL careful thought in the comments they choose to make to support a suggestion by bashing one of the aspects of the game.

if girls getting harass by players because the are discovered they are girls, thats the players(not the girls fault) and its highly encouraged to report harassment. If you stop playing a champ because its too pretty then whatever tough idk, yell at riot for ugly champ of your choices because i dont might playing ugly.

I'm all for more variety on all level but if people going to push a sexist agenda instead of a "lack of variety" agenda then I have a problem because Riot has done it's best to level the field and truth be told, majority of the players are males that prefer a attractive female but not many people complained about lack of variety of females until recently. but dont address the issue where pointing a fact as a evil flaw of the game.
>lack in variety in females until lately

hahaha
no.

Thats been ongoing