@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
@MathMage You're under the impression that I don't agree with him. I do agree with him and I find that people are being stupid in thinking that you are being forced by riot to use any of the skins or champs that you deem sexist.

If it's a problem don't use it. You aren't being forced to use your hard earned RP/IP to buy thing you don't like.
All he's asking is for the company to make something he wants to spend money on
HE IS TRYING TO GIVE THE COMPANY MONEY

MathMage

10-10-2012

Quote:
@MathMage You're under the impression that I don't agree with him. I do agree with him and I find that people are being stupid in thinking that you are being forced by riot to use any of the skins or champs that you deem sexist.

If it's a problem don't use it. You aren't being forced to use your hard earned RP/IP to buy thing you don't like.
I was never under the impression that you did not agree with him. I simply do not agree with you OR him, and I further find your "anyone who negvotes this is a *insert whatever here*" posts to be shameless idiocy.

The "If it's a problem, don't use it" canard is neither a legitimate solution to the issue nor a substantive answer to the arguments posed in this thread. As I said before, you are essentially claiming that we are unjustified in giving feedback because you don't like the kind of feedback we're giving, which is ridiculous.

Karolina

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerKing View Post
Please no.

The parasytes of society should keep away from competetive games.
Yup. Go away then.

NobSaiboot

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
"anyone who negvotes this is a *insert whatever here*"
That's a good portion of the attitude on this thread. People are tired of complaining, they give a easy solution to the "Problem" and you get angry because it doesn't fix it the way you want it to. I'm fine you're annoyed and concerned but I don't understand why you think changing a lot of the content in the game is easy. I'm going to assume that Riot doesn't just sit around waiting for something to pop up they're actually pretty busy with other things. To add a lot of work into redoing nearly every female champion (Skins, Models, Splash-Arts etc.) is going to take a really long time.

If they change it then good for you. You won your crusade. But to go out and say that people who don't give a flying flip are wrong for not agreeing with you...Is idiotic.

Zerglinator

10-10-2012

Quote:
That's a good portion of the attitude on this forum. People are tired of complaining, they give a easy solution to the "Problem" and you get angry because it doesn't fix it the way you want it to. I'm fine you're annoyed and concerned but I don't understand why you think changing a lot of the content in the game is easy. I'm going to assume that Riot doesn't just sit around waiting for something to pop up they're actually pretty busy with other things. To add a lot of work into redoing nearly every female champion (Skins, Models, Splash-Arts etc.) is going to take a really long time.

If they change it then good for you. You won your crusade. But to go out and say that people who don't give a flying flip are wrong for not agreeing with you...Is idiotic.
Who said we were redoing EVERY female champion?

NobSaiboot

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Who said we were redoing EVERY female champion?
Nearly good sir. Nearly.

MathMage

10-10-2012

Quote:
Nearly good sir. Nearly.
The OP actually didn't advocate for redoing ANY past art.

But in prior posts you've said that we're not allowed to CRITICIZE past art as a way to influence future art, which is ludicrous.

I respect the resources necessary to redo splash art, and don't expect Riot to redo every, or nearly every, female champion splash art. That doesn't mean I can't point out what's wrong with it.

OsirusAnubis

10-10-2012

Its ****ing biology and marketing.
*** sells, *** will always sell. Everything is life is about ***.
Riot is a business and exists to make money, so they will cater to the adolescent men who like their female superheros scantily clad.

I can't believe any rational female would really be offended by this.
Does it really bother you that guys like to sexualize video game characters? Does it offend you when they jack off as well? What if they guy is hot and wants to sleep with you, is *** so offensive then? Is this really a new thing to you? Do you really go around and complain about this in every aspect of your life, because it is EVERYWHERE. You can't buy a toaster without seeing big **** to sell it. Its NOT GOING TO CHANGE. Why? Because it is programmed into our ****ing DNA.

And you really think you are getting picked on by the community because you are a woman? This is the internet. You get picked on for having eyebrows. Pretty much anything that can define a group of people will be flamed once it is made known.

/rant over

/I like big **** on my superheros women. I like big biceps on the superhero men that I want to be. Big, panty-dropping biceps.

NobSaiboot

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
But in prior posts you've said that we're not allowed to CRITICIZE past art as a way to influence future art, which is ludicrous.
I wasn't aware that saying "It is what it is." Can be translated into "You're not allowed to voice your opinion." My mistake.

Zerglinator

10-10-2012

Quote:
I wasn't aware that saying "It is what it is." Can be translated into "You're not allowed to voice your opinion." My mistake.
Sarcasm is REALLY helping this discussion.