@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiceePicklez

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensidiaverne View Post
Hey Iron Stylus, try a female version of Viktor for a champ. Half machine/augmented half human. Fit it in the lore as either a Zaun experiment by Viktor or more as a light-side Piltover Hextech version. You can keep the sexiness with her face being human but you have her body to play around with as a mechanical entity.
Herp orianna herp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Traksor

Senior Member

10-09-2012

So with this topic I'm sure teacher fiora will be a real teacher right ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkwahn

Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
That much is plain, since you STILL think my shtick is just to dress every champion in plate, when really my shtick is really much more like that old fan fix to Sona's splash art that was exactly the same except it moved the fabric line on her chest up about three inches.

Why?

My fix to Fiora would not be to dress her in plate. It would be to have her in a serious fencing pose.

Sounds good

My fix to Akali would not be to dress her in plate. It would be to have her garment go all the way around her body.

Again, why?


My fix to MF would not be to dress her in plate. It would be to give her realistic body proportions to go along with her substantial endowment and a posture that doesn't hurt her spine.

Her spine does look broken in a lot of poses, prefer her body as it is though.

My fix to Leona...might be to dress her in more substantial armor, like what happened with Iron Solari Leona, but you can see how this is not a solution that I would apply in every situation, because plate armor is often just as unsuitable for the champion as complete nudity.

I find it frankly pathetic that you can still misrepresent my position like that after two hundred pages of discussion, after I have emphasized over and over and OVER again that I am not opposed to attractive female champions, or even sexy female champions given the appropriate lore, or even fanservice skins like Battle Bunny Riven in their specialized place.

It shows that you don't actually care what I think, only that I disagree with you. From there you turn on the blinders and automatically assume I'm radically opposed to everything that's reasonable, because after all, if you aren't standing for all that's reasonable, that might mean you're wrong, right?

I'd be alright with some changes on that level, but there's no reason to do most of them. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light Fantastic

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traksor View Post
So with this topic I'm sure teacher fiora will be a real teacher right ?
I'm expecting glasses and a tweed jacket. And slacks. And a mortar board.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amedaius

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Riot's goal is to make money. The skins need to be attractive enough to their target audience to get them to shell out real life dollars for it. The op also rather obviously draws lines and defines things in such a way to make the argument fall in his/her favor. Cass most definitely falls under the anthropomorphic animal category, and Ahri as well to a lesser extent.

There really is no issue here. Also, on the "broken spine" note. Fit human beings are able to take up the poses found in nearly all of the splash art. It is the artists goal to help riot make money by making the champions and skins art dynamic and attractive enough to make the target audience pay real life dollars for. Something they succeed in; I have only disliked one new splash art change recently (morganna).

Don't forget that this game is FREE, and Riot is a company interested in making money.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light Fantastic

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amedaius View Post
Riot's goal is to make money. The skins need to be attractive enough to their target audience to get them to shell out real life dollars for it. The op also rather obviously draws lines and defines things in such a way to make the argument fall in his/her favor. Cass most definitely falls under the anthropomorphic animal category, and Ahri as well to a lesser extent.

There really is no issue here. Also, on the "broken spine" note. Fit human beings are able to take up the poses found in nearly all of the splash art. It is the artists goal to help riot make money by making the champions and skins art dynamic and attractive enough to make the target audience pay real life dollars for. Something they succeed in; I have only disliked one new splash art change recently (morganna).

Don't forget that this game is FREE, and Riot is a company interested in making money.
Just because it works doesn't mean it doesn't still suck.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

terrible doctor

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Still waiting for a scary female monster champ. not like wanna be scary like syndra or wanna be monster like zyra. like a legit monster like a chogath or kogmaw.

Moar monsters plox.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light Fantastic

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible doctor View Post
Still waiting for a scary female monster champ. not like wanna be scary like syndra or wanna be monster like zyra. like a legit monster like a chogath or kogmaw.

Moar monsters plox.
Spider queen! And not Priscilla either, I want a Shelob-style giant spider that wants to actually devour you or feed you to her babies.

I also thought Cho was female for the longest time - due to misinformation, but there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amedaius

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Fantastic View Post
Just because it works doesn't mean it doesn't still suck.

That's exactly what it means. If females are put off enough by it, they won't play. If riot feels they are losing enough dollars from women not playing, they will change. It's the law of capitalism. Riot is breaking no laws, and has every right to cater completely and totally to a single demographic, even though I personally don't believe that they have.

Women also have other solutions available; they can game with friends, use custom skins, or simply enjoy the game as it is while staying gender-neutral. Not all women are put off by the game that much, as is obvious by the OP's post. In fact, I know of a few personally that really like the style and art for both the female and male champions. LoL has a rather positive reputation of being very connected with the artistic community, and for good reason.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsúpport

Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
You DO realize that men ALSO get the short end of the stick when we get lazy, lewd, or outright ridiculous art design decisions born from the desire to appeal to the stereotypical gamer...don't you?
Ugh I really hope you die... A very painful death. You are a disgrace to the male gender. I have no idea what your mom, sister, girlfriend w/e fed you up with.
You want to "fix" all the female champions by giving them "realistic" bodies, so why not just give all champions realistic bodies. Make Tryndamere a skinny white boy with acne and do the same thing with Darius, also remove all the muscles from Jarvan and give him a round belly.
I'm so ****ing ridiculously tired of people who are too dumb to be able to see the difference between fiction and reality.

You do understand that they make champions that are appealing to the playerbase.
And in fact, the most females I know who play this game have the skimpiest skins on their characters. I asked my friend why she would possibly buy the Valentine Vayne when she could have bought the Dragonslayer skin instead.
Her response was that she likes to be pretty.

To be honest, Darius, Jarvan, Pantheon, Tryndamere are not appealing to me at all, the only reason I bought them is because of their kits, but I guess females actually care about what they look like in game because it's rare that I see any of my female friends play a male champion for instance. They all adore Ahri, Teemo and pretty much any female champion who looks sexy.
When I make a male character in games like APB or Tera I make a character that appeals to me, a character that I would want to be. Unless I choose to be funny cause then I make my character as fat as possible with the weirdest haircut ever.

Tl;dr people play what they find appealing if they care about their characters looks otherwise they just pick a character that is currently OP.
There is a reason to why Urgot and Gragas used to be underplayed. There is also a reason to why Teemo is so extremely popular even though he is so unbelievably useless.