@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Why shouldn't women be in combat situations, just tell me why. Because I know you've got a stupid ass reason.
women aren't in combat situations for very, very good reasons.

the main, and mostly only reason is this.

women put into combat situations cause incredible problems when injured in the line of duty, nearly ALWAYS the men combatants instinctively do everything they can to help them, this is bad because if say.

1, female combatant is shot by a sniper, everyone is behind cover, normally the correct procedure is to use coverfire to protect said injured, find the sniper and route him, then apply care to the injured soldier.

when females are put in place, the men will break cover to protect/help her, they will then all be killed, combat effectiveness is instantly lowered to nothing (because they are dead).

this same event happens in other situations, the men WILL do whatever it takes to help the women, its instinct, and it kicks in hard in combat, and it has gotten men killed many times (and the women involved).

women are entirely capable of being in combat, they can kill people just as good as men (infact they are very good fighter pilots and helicopter pilots, and is the main combat role the get to take)

but women should not be put into ground forces combat, they disrupt combat effectiveness and get people killed due to situations I discribed.

so.. knowing this, women are treated diffrently in the army, do you think what I said was sexist? (if you do that means you think progression is more imporant than soldiers lives).

I await your answer, i'm sure your mature enough to give a good one (ha).

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
on the first few -.-

on the last two, yeah, somewhat that stuff. But those are minor cultural issues
those were the exact things I was talking about you ponce.

and you had the gall to call what I said sexism.

SonsofaBastages

10-08-2012

Quote:
on the first few -.-

on the last two, yeah, somewhat that stuff. But those are minor cultural issues
Isn't that the point?

This is about a cultural issue. Even your defense of female gamers is sexual discrimination. The problem is with female gamers being harassed, but by defending only them instead of all gamers you are singling out females as a group.

More efficient and effective in this case I know, but you have been turning this into an argument of semantics when it's not. Don't get derailed by whether or not something could be technically defined as discrimination. I can technically make anything discriminatory against someone. This issue of female gamers being singled out is a real problem that needs a real solution.

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonsofaBastages View Post
Isn't that the point?

This is about a cultural issue. Even your defense of female gamers is sexual discrimination. The problem is with female gamers being harassed, but by defending only them instead of all gamers you are singling out females as a group.

More efficient and effective in this case I know, but you have been turning this into an argument of semantics when it's not. Don't get derailed by whether or not something could be technically defined as discrimination. I can technically make anything discriminatory against someone. This issue of female gamers being singled out is a real problem that needs a real solution.
yea, talking about feminism is against my religious beliefs.

in my religion, feminists are to be executed (in ironic ways) DEATH TO THE FEM-IDELS!

Waafu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
women aren't in combat situations for very, very good reasons.

the main, and mostly only reason is this.

women put into combat situations cause incredible problems when injured in the line of duty, nearly ALWAYS the men combatants instinctively do everything they can to help them, this is bad because if say.

1, female combatant is shot by a sniper, everyone is behind cover, normally the correct procedure is to use coverfire to protect said injured, find the sniper and route him, then apply care to the injured soldier.

when females are put in place, the men will break cover to protect/help her, they will then all be killed, combat effectiveness is instantly lowered to nothing (because they are dead).

this same event happens in other situations, the men WILL do whatever it takes to help the women, its instinct, and it kicks in hard in combat, and it has gotten men killed many times (and the women involved).

women are entirely capable of being in combat, they can kill people just as good as men (infact they are very good fighter pilots and helicopter pilots, and is the main combat role the get to take)

but women should not be put into ground forces combat, they disrupt combat effectiveness and get people killed due to situations I discribed.

so.. knowing this, women are treated diffrently in the army, do you think what I said was sexist? (if you do that means you think progression is more imporant than soldiers lives).

I await your answer, i'm sure your mature enough to give a good one (ha).
So when male combatants act in undisciplined and stupid ways for no good reason, it's the women who are "disrupting combat effectiveness"?

Ayrona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by clappersucks View Post
As I said, they are a business. There is absolutely no reason for them to want to go against societal norms when the majority of their customers enjoy the female models the way they are anyways. What do you think Riot is? A feminism movement?
Well, as was pointed out in the first post, one of the reasons why they do not have more customers (specifically women) is the portrayal of women as a whole with respect to men. I have to agree with this because I have not successfully convinced other women that I know personally who enjoy games to play this game, and this really saddens me. I also understand where they are coming from because I almost didn't play this game because of it, but mostly because I wasn't sure if I could take the game seriously with the *** appeal thrown right in my face. I realized once I started actually playing that it was just a small cosmetic aspect of the game, and one that I could also enjoy (I own Officer Caitlyn and Bewitching Nidalee as far as sexy skins go).

Also, the goal of this thread is to see more diversity in the future design of champions and skins. I would argue that since League of Legends has over 100 champions, the push for more diversity is favorable from a design standpoint because there is more of a need for champions to be distinct from one another than when there were 50 champions. This goal certainly does not interfere with appealing to the majority.

forcemblem

10-08-2012

syndra's pose can be easily explained where "power" comes from.
At least in some culture you "ki-ai" or something like a battle cry to "pump" yourself up.
and syndra's artwork fully demonstrates that.

DocMan

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waafu View Post
So when male combatants act in undisciplined and stupid ways for no good reason, it's the women who are "disrupting combat effectiveness"?
Yes. It's their fault for having boobs.

Darkwahn

10-08-2012

Fuck, I was hoping this thread would die before riot noticed it. Now they may listen to these faggots.

Mousekime

10-08-2012

pleaaasseeee tell me that iron stylus is gay... pleeassseeeeeeee