@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by clappersucks View Post
In response to your previous question, women will never be as good as men when it comes to trolling. Sad fact of life, they just cannot do it.
funny, seems to me like i'm still the queen of this forum despite not even posting here for a year

SonsofaBastages

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
what can a man do that a women can't do equally as well, please. Enlighten me

Birthing babies.
You want to give a woman a vasectomy?
how about a man a hysterectomy?
Your playing basketball and slap your teammates ass. Suddenly gender matters.
Your punch your friend for pissing you off. Suddenly gender matters.

Being treated equally doesn't always mean being treated the same.

clappersucks

10-08-2012

Quote:
funny, seems to me like i'm still the queen of this forum despite not even posting here for a year
Who are you again?

Obzidian

10-08-2012

Quote:
I think the fact that females are outnumbered by more than 2:1 is a point of contention on its own
I concur and it exacerbates the issue.

Farkius

10-08-2012

Yeah i do have to admit that the riot community is really bad when it comes to girls and gaming, i also agree with the point that you made about the fact about the skins for the girl charaters

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
oh do go on, complain away, and i'll complain (mock) you back, its equality in action.

and of course rape "culture" exists, but just like the fabled "patriarchy" it isn't some hyper pervasive Illuminati, "1984" brain trust of rape.

more men get raped than women (and are JOKED about by women, RAPE CULTURE SUPPORTERS! because prisoners aren't human, even tax evaders and people who stole to feed children) yet no one talks about men being raped, nor do they even consider men "rape-able".

infact, the term rape has been horribly diluted by feminists, now you can be "almost raped, which is the same thing" or "I was raped mentally" or "he raped me with his eyes" or "my soul was raped", or my favorite (and totally holds up in court) " I consented by days later I felt bad about my choice, so I decided he raped me, retroactively" cue 10 years in jail for said man.

yes these are all qoutes, and yes these people were dead serious, they only hurt their cause by diluting the meaning and seriousness of rape, feminists are more self-defeating than I can possibly write down, by making themselves mockeries of the past feminists (some of the greatest people of the last couple of generations) they dilute any cause with the word "feminism" in it.

its why i consider modern day feminist movement a joke, a farce, a mockery that only outsiders get to laugh at, they parade around spliting hairs so thin they could cause atomic explosions whilst women are being stoned and raped to death in the middle east.

I'm sure when the stones were being thrown at her, she really cared that you crusaded for League of Legends Champion's female "rights".
slow down there brother, i agree with that side of the whole 'raped me with his eyes' stuff, thats bull**** and exploitation on the other side

But there is very much a culture of sexual abuse in america. If you've ever been to college you'd know that.

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonsofaBastages View Post

Birthing babies.
You want to give a woman a vasectomy?
how about a man a hysterectomy?
Your playing basketball and slap your teammates ass. Suddenly gender matters.
Your punch your friend for pissing you off. Suddenly gender matters.

Being treated equally doesn't always mean being treated the same.
on the first few -.-

on the last two, yeah, somewhat that stuff. But those are minor cultural issues

forcemblem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

also, time to have a obese women like gragas OuO
I wonder what color she will be.

clearly OP has no idea what a man could look like by judging character's age and giving off such high numbers..
Female and highly biased.

Tarulia

10-08-2012

Well, so I read through all the red posts and some of the others, and I guess pretty much anything I would have wanted to discuss has already been discussed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphet View Post
I still want my sexy gay man champion. :<
Well I guess that would be Taric I know his concept is not one to be a homosexual/gay man, but his art design is strongly reminding of it, as well as his audible design.
On a different side note, I can't help but get reminded of Thomas Anders every time I see his Pink Taric artwork.
And on another side note, I really think Taric is one of the candidates in need of an art rework :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varindran View Post
hey iron have you seen this video i think you may like it and it does relate to this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZ...feature=relmfu
This video is actually pretty good (think I've seen it before) - though his voice gets annoying after watching the full 10 minutes - and insightful on why girls may not be attracted to video games.

Also, I think this has been said before, but I just wanted to say that there are also (and I think these are not to small number) girls who do want female champions to be attractive or posing. I do know girls (including my GF) who aren't even touching male champions because they don't find them attractive and therefore are only playing female champions they like.
For my part, I like champions being attractive, but I also watch out for gameplay designs. I play champions that I like gameplay-wise, but I guess that's a totally different topic. Sure, I am always taking visual design into account, but that should (in my opinion, don't nail me for it) not be the deciding factor of whether playing the champion or not.

Note aside from that, you were talking about the apparent age of champions, not listing Leona (I know you said "absent from the list are [...]"), and I think she would be around early to mid 30's, and she's still attractive at certain parts. So this would be another "older" (well, 30 isn't really considered "old", but relative to all the others) champion being still attractive.
I'd really like to hear IronStylus answer on the designed age of Leona though :P

need4sleep

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzcastic View Post
holy ****ing **** this thread moves fast.

Dat mantheon...

Maybe riot should make more "sexually appealing guys" (NO ****) or at least skins for the ones we already have, that way people can stop complaining about Janna, Ahri, Nurse Akali, etc
they wont stop complaining)