@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clappersucks

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
what can a man do that a women can't do equally as well, please. Enlighten me
I forgot who I was responding to. Now I realize she really is trolling.

forcemblem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Is taric in here? He turns me on. c:
Also OP sounds like a girl.

I feel there is a bit of sexism here.
or at least biased thoughts.
and consersative.

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzcastic View Post
i'm a guy... Have you seen nasus and tryndamere? They're so fun to play...

If there was a guy who was literally naked, large dick swinging around and everything, i'd play him too.
i'm just saying that swinging dicks around totally worked for saints row 3

Obzidian

10-08-2012

Ok, lets try this again.
There are 32 female champions in LoL. Of the 32, only 5 (Anivia, Annie, Lulu, Poppy, Tristana) show a variance from the barbie/ideal woman stereotype. The rest (84%) all look mostly the same. They have hourglass figures and form-fitting clothing and all are shown as relatively youthful, 18-28 ish age range. They conform to a traditional beauty standard. Every single female champion that is not child-like (yordles + annie) or monsterous (anivia) has at least 1 skin if not more that shows them in a super skintight outfight. Most of the time, the armor looks like it was just poured over their body and stuck like latex. Kayle and Diana are arguably the least sexualized female champions in the game, if we exclude Annie/yordles/Anivia. Leona is close, but that bodysuit with a few pieces of not so strategically placed plate and weird armor skirt thing in her base skin detract.

There are 73 male champions and if we leave out the non-humanoid monsters like Kogmaw and the yordles, we still have more variety in representation in terms of bodyshapes, age ranges, attractive qualities, heights, etc.

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by clappersucks View Post
I forgot who I was responding to. Now I realize she really is trolling.
ah yes, there it is
Dismiss me as a troll more, it only makes me more powerful, scum

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzidian View Post
Ok, lets try this again.
There are 32 female champions in LoL. Of the 32, only 5 (Anivia, Annie, Lulu, Poppy, Tristana) show a variance from the barbie/ideal woman stereotype. The rest (84%) all look mostly the same. They have hourglass figures and form-fitting clothing and all are shown as relatively youthful, 18-28 ish age range. They conform to a traditional beauty standard. Every single female champion that is not child-like (yordles + annie) or monsterous (anivia) has at least 1 skin if not more that shows them in a super skintight outfight. Most of the time, the armor looks like it was just poured over their body and stuck like latex. Kayle and Diana are arguably the least sexualized female champions in the game, if we exclude Annie/yordles/Anivia. Leona is close, but that bodysuit with a few pieces of not so strategically placed plate and weird armor skirt thing in her base skin detract.

There are 73 male champions and if we leave out the non-humanoid monsters like Kogmaw and the yordles, we still have more variety in representation in terms of bodyshapes, age ranges, attractive qualities, heights, etc.
I think the fact that females are outnumbered by more than 2:1 is a point of contention on its own

PenguinPaladin

10-08-2012

@ironstylus

You mentioned tweaking Leona's appearance. Can we actually expect little visual tweaks like this to happen, or is it just something you wish you could do? Could we expect littler things like these after all the old, obviously outdated champions get reworks?

clappersucks

10-08-2012

Quote:
ah yes, there it is
Dismiss me as a troll more, it only makes me more powerful, scum
In response to your previous question, women will never be as good as men when it comes to trolling. Sad fact of life, they just cannot do it.

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
ok
>radical feminism YEAH HOW DARE WOMEN WANT TO BE TREATED EQUALLY THATS RADICAL AND FRINGE THINKING THERE

also

>rape culture It exists. It definately exists.

I'm not making threats, but its great that you're comparing non-violent protests to that, all I'm doing is complaining.

I'll give you a hint. Complaining is the reason everything nice you have in life, exists.
oh do go on, complain away, and i'll complain (mock) you back, its equality in action.

and of course rape "culture" exists, but just like the fabled "patriarchy" it isn't some hyper pervasive Illuminati, "1984" brain trust of rape.

more men get raped than women (and are JOKED about by women, RAPE CULTURE SUPPORTERS! because prisoners aren't human, even tax evaders and people who stole to feed children) yet no one talks about men being raped, nor do they even consider men "rape-able".

infact, the term rape has been horribly diluted by feminists, now you can be "almost raped, which is the same thing" or "I was raped mentally" or "he raped me with his eyes" or "my soul was raped", or my favorite (and totally holds up in court) " I consented by days later I felt bad about my choice, so I decided he raped me, retroactively" cue 10 years in jail for said man.

yes these are all qoutes, and yes these people were dead serious, they only hurt their cause by diluting the meaning and seriousness of rape, feminists are more self-defeating than I can possibly write down, by making themselves mockeries of the past feminists (some of the greatest people of the last couple of generations) they dilute any cause with the word "feminism" in it.

its why i consider modern day feminist movement a joke, a farce, a mockery that only outsiders get to laugh at, they parade around spliting hairs so thin they could cause atomic explosions whilst women are being stoned and raped to death in the middle east.

I'm sure when the stones were being thrown at her, she really cared that you crusaded for League of Legends Champion's female "rights".

Razzcastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

holy ****ing **** this thread moves fast.

Dat mantheon...

Maybe riot should make more "sexually appealing guys" (NO ****) or at least skins for the ones we already have, that way people can stop complaining about Janna, Ahri, Nurse Akali, etc