@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YukiTwo

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
If I'm parsing this correctly..

Yeah, gals tend to be a smaller sliver of archetype due to being outnumbered.. but that's just an excuse when we really could just be more clever with our real-estate.

I've never really been fond of old haggard, but that's just me. Maybe it's viable. I'd steer more towards Maleficent as a good target. Middle-age-ish-sorta, dignified, graceful, evil, a force to be reckoned with.
What did you say about Crimson Elite Riven?

bat141

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Interesting point, I'd have to say I agree. However, I am not saying what has been done is bad, just that more diversity might be good.

Khabi Jenkins

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yeah, when I talk about Soraka I am referring ONLY to the in-game model. I do have some issues with the splash but that's a department that has a handle on the situation and has made great strides recently in quality.

They deserve nothing but the highest of praise with the task they are tackling in things that aren't even widely known externally. They deserve a world of credit and I wish people would consider how hard they work, how monumental their task is, how passionate they are and how brilliant their work is executed. They will continue to iterate just like us all. Everyone needs to give them room to grow and settle. They need to be given some slack.

The last thing I need to bug them about is that I think the bridge of her nose needs to be thicker. Those guys are powerhouses and I don't want to screw with them =)

i feel you dodged the point here. she looks like a child now. there is no dignity in her face or sense of power and deterermination. ya shw looks smooth and the character moves better than a season 1 south park episode but it is very clearly not the same champion that i loved to play and no longer do because of this.

NinetyNineTails

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
It really is ok to use people of colour as characters in the game without using the basest stereotypes for them (I'm looking at you Diablo 3 Witchdoctor).
This. What the !#@$!@$ hell, Blizzard? REALLY?

MAXED6

10-08-2012

So op is saying he wants more female champs who looks like most of the deprived females of the middle east?

NinetyNineTails

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstylus View Post
i'd be cool with that. Do you have any idea how many leona skins there'd be?
make all the skins!

Shaella

10-08-2012

imagine how annoying the internet would be if every guy had to prove that they were in fact, male?

Chamenas

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
imagine how annoying the internet would be if every guy had to prove that they were in fact, male?
"I have a *****! It's big!"

"Mine's bigger!"

"Pics or it didn't happen!"

>.>

-.-

*dies*

Vanra

10-08-2012

The ironic thing is most of the people complaining about the portrayal of women in this game are actually men.

MathMage

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXED6 View Post
So op is saying he wants more female champs who looks like most of the deprived females of the middle east?
Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
That much is plain, since you STILL think my shtick is just to dress every champion in plate, when really my shtick is really much more like that old fan fix to Sona's splash art that was exactly the same except it moved the fabric line on her chest up about three inches.

My fix to Fiora would not be to dress her in plate. It would be to have her in a serious fencing pose.

My fix to Akali would not be to dress her in plate. It would be to have her garment go all the way around her body.

My fix to MF would not be to dress her in plate. It would be to give her realistic body proportions to go along with her substantial endowment and a posture that doesn't hurt her spine.

My fix to Leona...might be to dress her in more substantial armor, like what happened with Iron Solari Leona, but you can see how this is not a solution that I would apply in every situation, because plate armor is often just as unsuitable for the champion as complete nudity.

I find it frankly pathetic that you can still misrepresent my position like that after two hundred pages of discussion, after I have emphasized over and over and OVER again that I am not opposed to attractive female champions, or even sexy female champions given the appropriate lore, or even fanservice skins like Battle Bunny Riven in their specialized place.

It shows that you don't actually care what I think, only that I disagree with you. From there you turn on the blinders and automatically assume I'm radically opposed to everything that's reasonable, because after all, if you aren't standing for all that's reasonable, that might mean you're wrong, right?
Saying that people who get annoyed about blatant female sexualization in video games want FREE BURQAS FOR ALL is the rhetorical equivalent of clapping your hands over your ears and shouting "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU." Good for pretending to be right inside your own head; not so good for actually developing an informed opinion.