@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Høt?høtGG

Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Fantastic View Post
...was the beginning part there even English?

You do realise beautiful and sexy can be entirely different things, right?

None of these champions are sexualised. It's the difference between a professional bodybuilder and an Abercrombie and Fitch model. Sure, some women are going to go for bodybuilders, but the A&F model is specifically targeted to appeal for a straight female and gay male audience. This is advertising 101 - $ex sells. Is a scantily clad model in a shop window going to make a dude need to run off and masturbate? Of course not. But it's been proven that sexual images sell products, and that's what's at work here.

Shirtless does not necessarily equal sexualised for men. You say it yourself - they're "real men" emphasising masculinity over $ex appeal, to make them seem like badasses (rather than $ex objects). All of which is rather besides the point, since the argument is not "male champions aren't sexualised enough", rather "female champions are excessively sexualised to the point of negatively impacting diversity".


i am gonna be bad again i am gonna say it that why that post even have so many views for real why in the name of the god riot to give f@ck for some insecure girls who cant stand the "sexy" paint art.

if they are getting jealous from art painting imagine what brain they have

So a boy need to do a post to start scream OMG OMG OMG Olaf so many ABS xin zhao is DA MAN jarvan IS THE REAL thing i cant play league any more i feel offended" ???.. wtf is that $hits

i dont know where the world is going on we need to do ugly paint and fat champs in order some ugly and fat kids to feel better? this is getting stupid!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliai View Post
Gragas is idealized? Ezreal is idealized? Varus is idealized? Draven, Jax, Shaco?
Gragas is not human, but if you want to go there yes he is. He's a fantasy archetype (drunken brawler) taken to an extreme the same way a fantasy archetype (sexy pirate hooker) is taken to the extreme with MF.

Ezreal is very literally an Anime fantasy. He is the male equivalent of Ahri.

Varus is a straight-up stripper with an impossible male body. Jax isn't human, Shaco isn't human, Draven is again impossibly fit.

It turns out that your own subjective opinion has literally nothing to do with the fact that every single champ Riot has produced is an idealization of some archetype.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Høt?høtGG

Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Fantastic View Post
Not really, the Gorgons were very, very old Greek legends and there have been very, very many retellings of their stories. The other guy's example is one of many, it just happens to be the only one that fits his point. Look at carvings of the Gorgons from the time - beautiful my arse.

medusa was a titan of the ancient greece mythology gorgons are some mythical monsters who seduce mans with the songs

Pleazz get your facts rights Pleaz you make the greece mythology bleed right now


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light Fantastic

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Høt?høtGG View Post
medusa was a titan of the ancient greece mythology gorgons are some mythical monsters who seduce mans with the songs

Pleazz get your facts rights Pleaz you make the greece mythology bleed right now
Oooooh, I get it. You got me. Well done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light Fantastic

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
Gragas is not human, but if you want to go there yes he is. He's a fantasy archetype (drunken brawler) taken to an extreme the same way a fantasy archetype (sexy pirate hooker) is taken to the extreme with MF.

Ezreal is very literally an Anime fantasy. He is the male equivalent of Ahri.

Varus is a straight-up stripper with an impossible male body. Jax isn't human, Shaco isn't human, Draven is again impossibly fit.

It turns out that your own subjective opinion has literally nothing to do with the fact that every single champ Riot has produced is an idealization of some archetype.
You're confusing "idealisation" with "exaggeration". Idealisation is an entirely different thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crosbie

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
• Darius is graying and wrinkles are forming. He looks like he is in his mid 40’s.
Hi. My name's George Clooney, and I'm calling this entire post bollocks due to this single quote.

Hi. My name's Sean Connery, and I'm agreeing with my pal, George Clooney.

Harrison Ford here, backing up my two bros up above.

List is endless - women are attracted to a lot of different characteristics in men, and age / going grey / getting wrinkles has never deterred those things in the past.

Your opinion is well detailed and listed, but it is still an opinion, which is always subjective - not fact.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Høt?høtGG View Post
i am gonna be bad again i am gonna say it that why that post even have so many views for real why in the name of the god riot to give f@ck for some insecure girls who cant stand the "sexy" paint art.
Let me do the same thing:
"Why are there so many posts from insecure guys who feel threatened by women (or other guys) trying to get a little more equality and variety in the game."

See how stupid that sounds ? That's because both sentences are wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Fantastic View Post
You're confusing "idealisation" with "exaggeration". Idealisation is an entirely different thing.
Find me a male that is unsexy as anything other than a direct result of his kit. You people keep pushing Gragas as if he's a "get out of sexism free card", but he is fat as a result of his kit and is not even actually human.

Every human male champ is designed to appeal sexually to some demographic. If your problem is that the sexy female demographic is too narrow, you need to try to change human biology. If your argument is that women shouldn't be attractive because you personally are not attracted to some of the men, then you are a sexist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crosbie

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
Find me a male that is unsexy as anything other than a direct result of his kit. You people keep pushing Gragas as if he's a "get out of sexism free card", but he is fat as a result of his kit and is not even actually human.

Every human male champ is designed to appeal sexually to some demographic. If your problem is that the sexy female demographic is too narrow, you need to try to change human biology. If your argument is that women shouldn't be attractive because you personally are not attracted to some of the men, then you are a sexist.
This pretty much sums up my opinion on the issue. I've summarised it in great detail before, but it always gets downvoted by ignorant people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light Fantastic

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
Find me a male that is unsexy as anything other than a direct result of his kit. You people keep pushing Gragas as if he's a "get out of sexism free card", but he is fat as a result of his kit and is not even actually human.

Every human male champ is designed to appeal sexually to some demographic. If your problem is that the sexy female demographic is too narrow, you need to try to change human biology. If your argument is that women shouldn't be attractive because you personally are not attracted to some of the men, then you are a sexist.
Your argument is seriously that Riot designed Gragas with the intention of selling him to women with a fetish for morbidly obese men?

Seriously?