@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaalika

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppity007 View Post
Riot's a business, and all businesses know that *** sells, This is why they put the girls in "revealing" clothing, because it's more likely to sell. I mean the only reason I purchased battle bunny riven was because it's SO DAMN SEXY
So why aren't they selling to hetero women and gay male customers too? Since it sells so well, why not get even more money?

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalika View Post
So why aren't they selling to hetero women and gay male customers too? Since it sells so well, why not get even more money?
Taric sells to gay guys.

And if you think that all the beef cakes don't ell to hetero women...

the hell are you smoking? I want it.

Emailsúpport

10-08-2012

The problem really is that we don't have any female monster and not as many slútty males as slútty females.

Emailsúpport

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalika View Post
Cause you're the vast minority.

Tormented Soil

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
From the ground up: Leona, Talon, Skarner, Xerath, Graves, Diana.

Concept/Production art: Sejuani, Ahri, Viktor, Volibear.

Skins: Midnight Ahri, Subterranean Nautilus, and a pile of others you haven't seen.

Currently working on 2 other champions in the pipeline and a few reworks.

The next champion you'll see that I worked on.. good god.. it's got me written all over it.
Leona and Ahri are two of my favourite champions, design-wise. I feel Leona's armor is feminine without trying to make her look like a hoebag, and I like that in-game she doesn't have any of the jokes like Janna's $2.95 a minute. She's a strong, beautiful woman who doesn't need to run around half-naked to show that.

Ahri is more sexualised, but considering her lore, I think it's perfectly acceptable and justified. She's been going around for however long using said *** appeal to prey on the life force of men to become human. To me, Ahri dressing in revealing clothes fits her lore, and the general atmosphere the character gives.

Then we have my favourite skin, Midnight Ahri. I love this skin overall, but the thing I really like most is the fur/fashion aspect. It makes her look elegant, and while she is showing a lot of leg, her boobs are covered up for once.

I didn't realize these were all influenced by the same person. At least someone gets it.

Tormented Soil

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Taric sells to gay guys.

And if you think that all the beef cakes don't ell to hetero women...

the hell are you smoking? I want it.
I hate when people use Taric as an example of a champion who appeals to gay males...

Trust me, this does not appeal to us. At all.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Cause you're the vast minority.
And once again, this leads us to the question of whether the game doesn't cater to us because we're a small minority or whether we're a small minority because the game doesn't cater to us.

MathMage

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Meh, complaining that you can almost see their boobs is like if I complained that you can see men's arms. Why is it such a big deal to you? If females did have armor, WHICH THEY NOT EVEN DID BACK IN TIME I'm sure they would not look like the armor men had because women and men have different body types no matter what.
Actually most female armor is pretty much identical to male armor from a functional perspective--the aesthetics may differ, of course.

But I digress. Point isn't that female armor should be identical to male armor, or that the borderline cases are/aren't actually fanservice. None of that actually affects the main point that there is way too much blatant, exaggerated, and/or nonsensical fanservice in the game.

To criticize us for 'jumping' from cleavage to posing to body types to outfits is entirely missing the point. They are different aspects of the same problem, not unrelated issues that can be evaluated and dismissed separately. That would be like taking the evidence for evolutionary theory and dividing it up into tiny little bits that can be individually dismissed as not proving the entire of evolutionary theory--which is a common creationist tactic, BTW.

Why does it matter to me? I criticize the things I enjoy so that they can be improved. That's the heart of it.

mogonk

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Actually most female armor is pretty much identical to male armor from a functional perspective--the aesthetics may differ, of course.
Historically it was pretty identical aesthetically as well. They didn't bother with metal bustiers for Joan d'Arc, for example.

Alsonia

10-08-2012

Has the OP played ANY of Leona's skins? She is a strong; unsexualized champ who boasts her strength and will in combat and hell outside of her obligatory Valkyrie skin; she is a heavily armored monster.

Tristana; Lulu; Poppy. Not sexualized

Fiora; while she is curvy she wears attire appropriate for her kit.
What about Lux? She is certainly not sexualized; if anything she is overly cutified. Point here is; there is variation.

Remember your Vayne skin the ONE you pointed out? It's one of her 4 skins and the only sexualized one.