@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chumbler

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchief View Post
Someone a few pages past had a great post about how it was almost physically impossible to stand like that. They implored you to try it yourself. Someone took a picture. Go back and read it.
I realize now that I wrote that post poorly. What I meant was that a version could be imagined where she is instead lunging at the viewer. I was not defending her current, ridiculous splash art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
No **** I get to define it. And you can define your boundaries of acceptability to include hand-thin waists and contortionist 'fencing' poses and the like. But when I post about not liking MF's art, and you claim I'm trying to force Riot to affirmative-action in ugly old women as part of some RadFem agenda, you look like an idiot.
Please stop responding to Whiteglint3. He's made it abundantly clear by now that he's an idiot.

L0rtab

10-07-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2637717&page=2

From a thread I started, "This game needs a Fat Chick Champion tbh . ."

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
I'll make this very simple for you, because you incapable of understanding. Look at Fiora's two other skins. They are fierce and in your face. They are action poses. They are the opposite of her original.
and?

deal with it, it isn't, its just a simple action pose, it doesn't have to meet your quota for what she has to do or look like.

MathMage

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
but it wasn't, deal with it.

its a stock action pose, its obvious the artist didn't put fencing in mind with the pose, but this doesn't mean anything, you can add as many layers to it as you like.
It's not an action pose. You can't ****ing act in that pose. Try it. Left foot forward, twist so your right shoulder is forward, twist your left arm up behind your back, throw your right arm out to the side, and look over your right shoulder at where the camera would be. Congratulations, you are now effectively immobile. Real action there.

MTaur

10-07-2012

Quote:
Really now. English mother ****er, do you speak it? HER CONTORTIONIST ACT IS THE PROBLEM, NOT HER HAVING A NICE ASS OR ****. And if you don't think that Fiora has an amazing ass then you are mentally handicapped. Her ass and **** would exist outside of that pose. Imagine, if you will, for one second, Fiora facing directly towards the camera with he sword crossed over her body. She would not be contorting her body to stand in a ridiculous fashion to display her **** OR ass. They would simply exist.
Whoa, Morpheus, slow down. They're not ready for the red pill, bro.

Grand Eleven

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Obviously something that would make this an M or AO game is unlikely to happen. Besides that, a former *** slave would probably not be keen on performing *** acts for fun. It's a pretty traumatizing thing to go through. She'd probably be hardened by the experience, and more interested in making her oppressors pay.

You don't REALLY want me to build out the lore justifying it, do you?

Strip tease doesn't have to make it rated M ... services likely would ... but we could tweak that.

But honestly you're dodging the point of the question and focusing on semantics: would extraordinarily sexualized characters (much more so than currently exists) be OK if it were balanced by more variety?

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
No **** I get to define it. And you can define your boundaries of acceptability to include hand-thin waists and contortionist 'fencing' poses and the like. But when I post about not liking MF's art, and you claim I'm trying to force Riot to affirmative-action in ugly old women as part of some RadFem agenda, you look like an idiot.
still going on about how its "contortionist are you?

and who cares what you define, thats why I mock you, you are not important my view on it isn't important, you setting the "uncrossable" line of what is acceptable is hilarious.

lemonchief

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
I realize now that I wrote that post poorly. What I meant was that a version could be imagined where she is instead lunging at the viewer. I was not defending her current, ridiculous splash art.

Please stop responding to Whiteglint3. He's made it abundantly clear by now that he's an idiot.
QFT. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

MathMage

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
True enough. I should really stop posting on this thread at all and go do something productive. I've already provided detailed explanation of the issues with various splash arts, refuted most of the common reactionary arguments, and provided a dozen or so examples of characters that are attractive without being pinup models. People for whom that is not enough are willfully blind, and I shouldn't waste my time.

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
It's not an action pose. You can't ****ing act in that pose. Try it. Left foot forward, twist so your right shoulder is forward, twist your left arm up behind your back, throw your right arm out to the side, and look over your right shoulder at where the camera would be. Congratulations, you are now effectively immobile. Real action there.
she isn't twisting, she's standing at her side, the only twisting involved is her hand behind her back with her dagger.