@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphet

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Well, I really think that we need a sexy, flirtatious male. I'm not even saying this to troll, or somehow proposing that by making more sexy male skins that it will balance out the females, but as a gay man... there really isn't much eye-candy for me. (or guycandy, if you prefer.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonchief

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Her ass is NOT visible and only a portion of her 'covered' and
'armoured' breast is visible which is hardly sexualized.
Really now. English mother ****er, do you speak it? HER CONTORTIONIST ACT IS THE PROBLEM, NOT HER HAVING A NICE ASS OR ****. And if you don't think that Fiora has an amazing ass then you are mentally handicapped. Her ass and **** would exist outside of that pose. Imagine, if you will, for one second, Fiora facing directly towards the camera with he sword crossed over her body. She would not be contorting her body to stand in a ridiculous fashion to display her **** OR ass. They would simply exist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Valinor

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Look, really, this is a non-issue. I'm a guy, and I don't want to play an ugly champion, male or female. My mains are actually Irelia Kux, and Ezreal, and Akali. So i'll say I don't have extremely over sexualized characters (though I did get good at Akali in part because of her nurse skin, which is amazing and anyone who complains about it can just get over it) I enjoy these champions in part because they look cool. I will never play renekton, because I don't like the way he looks, likewise Urgot and trundle. I will also never play Nidalee, or Cassiopea, for the same reason. And if Riot were to release a champion modeled after and old woman, I would probably dislike that as well. Perhaps this makes me superficial, but in a video game I like things to be pretty, and yes, sometimes sexy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chumbler

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchief View Post
Really now. English mother ****er, do you speak it? HER CONTORTIONIST ACT IS THE PROBLEM, NOT HER HAVING A NICE ASS OR ****. And if you don't think that Fiora has an amazing ass then you are mentally handicapped. Her ass and **** would exist outside of that pose. Imagine, if you will, for one second, Fiora facing directly towards the camera with he sword crossed over her body. She would not be contorting her body to stand in a ridiculous fashion to display her **** OR ass. They would simply exist.
Likewise, she could be imagined to be lunging at the viewer, which gets across more of the point of her gameplay and is a dynamic action pose instead of a "Check out these assets" pose, and it isn't completely ridiculous to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of what fencing actually is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchief View Post
Really now. English mother ****er, do you speak it? HER CONTORTIONIST ACT IS THE PROBLEM, NOT HER HAVING A NICE ASS OR ****. And if you don't think that Fiora has an amazing ass then you are mentally handicapped. Her ass and **** would exist outside of that pose. Imagine, if you will, for one second, Fiora facing directly towards the camera with he sword crossed over her body. She would not be contorting her body to stand in a ridiculous fashion to display her **** OR ass. They would simply exist.
contortionists can being so much that their heals touch their head.

what Fiora is doing requires very little bending, anyone who flexed out enough could do it.

wether it was a good combat pose (probably not) doesnt make it retarded, its just a stock action pose, you added layers of meaning onto what was essentially "Okay make her look cool and pointing the sword at the screen" to the artist/designer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonchief

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Likewise, she could be imagined to be lunging at the viewer, which gets across more of the point of her gameplay and is a dynamic action pose instead of a "Check out these assets" pose, and it isn't completely ridiculous to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of what fencing actually is.
Someone a few pages past had a great post about how it was almost physically impossible to stand like that. They implored you to try it yourself. Someone took a picture. Go back and read it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Likewise, she could be imagined to be lunging at the viewer, which gets across more of the point of her gameplay and is a dynamic action pose instead of a "Check out these assets" pose, and it isn't completely ridiculous to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of what fencing actually is.
but it wasn't, deal with it.

its a stock action pose, its obvious the artist didn't put fencing in mind with the pose, but this doesn't mean anything, you can add as many layers to it as you like.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
a line you get to define, which is why I mock you and OP.
No **** I get to define it. And you can define your boundaries of acceptability to include hand-thin waists and contortionist 'fencing' poses and the like. But when I post about not liking MF's art, and you claim I'm trying to force Riot to affirmative-action in ugly old women as part of some RadFem agenda, you look like an idiot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonchief

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
contortionists can being so much that their heals touch their head.

what Fiora is doing requires very little bending, anyone who flexed out enough could do it.

wether it was a good combat pose (probably not) doesnt make it retarded, its just a stock action pose, you added layers of meaning onto what was essentially "Okay make her look cool and pointing the sword at the screen" to the artist/designer.
I'll make this very simple for you, because you incapable of understanding. Look at Fiora's two other skins. They are fierce and in your face. They are action poses. They are the opposite of her original.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchief View Post
Someone a few pages past had a great post about how it was almost physically impossible to stand like that. They implored you to try it yourself. Someone took a picture. Go back and read it.
not only is it possible, its easily possible.

a gymnist could do that pose upside down.

"saying" its impossible sounds nice, but.. well its just not true.