@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pistrik

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Just reminding people that there's a ton of creative space between generic supermodels in pinup poses and Lady Gragas, and that it's perfectly possible to design attractive female characters without sexualizing them.
This is exactly what I mean. Some of those are quite good! The bar fight one creeps me the hell out, but overall quite good. The one you had an issue with, pose wise, I actually found the most attractive of the bunch. But again, that's a matter of opinion (based on the pose anyway). And if you notice, she has very little skin showing. Her forearms and face, yet I and I'm sure many others found her attractive. My only worry is that Riot will make unattractive champions just for the sake of the few, without offering different viewpoints to come through (in the way of skins).

May actually save that one female samurai picture for a background image later, actually.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Høt?høtGG

Member

10-07-2012

• Cassiopeia may not be human from the waist down, but if you are arguing that that disqualifies her, then you are arguing that mermaids are not a sexual fantasy to millions.

you say that i am gonna explain you something you maybe dont know cassiopia was the one of the most beautiful womans in the ancient greece that why aphrodite the god of beauty and athena the god of wisdom they got jealous from her and because posidon he was having a crush on cassiopia they make her a half snake

That why her power was to make all the mens stone its was a curse in order to never a man fall in love with her

So before you blame riot learn the god damm mythology


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Eleven View Post
Devil's Advocate:

OP says she doesn't want to remove sexualized champs, just bring some balance into it. But is she really saying there would be no uproar if Riot released a grandma ... a barbarian woman ... some other random champ .... then a former *** slave support champ who's "buffing" abilities involve servicing the ADC and who's ultimate "stuns" everyone in view when she performs her strip tease?

We're OK with sexualization if it fits the character right as long as it doesn't classify majority of champs?
I don't think any form of logic went through your brain when you lept to the champion concept you just discribed.

no one would particularly care if a ripped female was released, or an old lady, to say they would is just bringing hyperbole to your arguement to further its cause.

its essentially creating an enemy who doesn't exist, this so called player who would freak out at an old lady champion, its incredibly easy to SAY their would be an uproar, but they have no evidence or logic to back it up.

the entire thing is pointless, I hope Riot does it just to shut up the OP, even if it would mean a considerable blow to Riots overall free will.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chumbler

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Note for people who somehow don't understand words: "Champions shouldn't have to be attractive" is not the same as "All champions should be unattractive."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moofles

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Nunu is the yeti...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Høt?høtGG

Member

10-07-2012

-Battle Bunny Riven is a Playboy Bunny. This is the most blatant one of them all. You can’t even pretend that this is anything but a stripper skin. There isn’t a male counterpart for this.

That skin was concept by a guy in forums and he was having more than 20k upvotes

So yeah riot create because 20k people wanted it so stop QQ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistrik View Post
This is exactly what I mean. Some of those are quite good! The bar fight one creeps me the hell out, but overall quite good. The one you had an issue with, pose wise, I actually found the most attractive of the bunch. But again, that's a matter of opinion (based on the pose anyway). And if you notice, she has very little skin showing. Her forearms and face, yet I and I'm sure many others found her attractive. My only worry is that Riot will make unattractive champions just for the sake of the few, without offering different viewpoints to come through (in the way of skins).

May actually save that one female samurai picture for a background image later, actually.
Oh, my issue with her pose has nothing to do with this thread. Just the choice of stance is a little odd given the orientation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
So in your viewpoint, the only correct option for a non-racist person is to shut up and take whatever Riot decides to dole out, and never present ideas for new and varied champions. Because of course when people ask for a granny champion it's sexist affirmative action by RadFems forcing Riot to make a particular type of champion, but when Battle Bunny Riven gets made it's just Riot going with a great community-driven idea. And pointing out this incongruity makes me a ******, hm? Your own biases blind you, bro.
glad you designed my own viewpont for me "bro", so glad you know everything I'm thinking and what i'm implying and told me what it was, because heck, I didn't even know all that about myself.

"my viewpoint" is that suggestions are fine, but forcing them to make it through demands is racist/sexist, I never said or implied anything you just said.

I also never supported Battle Bunny Riven, heck, this is the first time i've ever even typed that on the forum, I could care less about "sexy" champions or skins, i'm all for Armored chicks, sexy champions are okay, but not some sort of point of intrest for me.

but do stretch out my viewpoint to fit some incredibly specific counter point, just show everyone how much of a ****** you are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Front Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for bubs
Back Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for ass
Side Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for figure.
How do you draw a non sexualized woman? D:
Front pose- cover the boobs enough so it doesn't look like she is going to have a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction. Don't have her stick out her chest unnaturally far. Irelia has cleavage, but I don't consider her sexualized because her pose is natural.

Back Pose- Don't twist her body so her boobs can also be seen. Don't stick her butt out so far that it looks painful to maintain that position.

Side Pose- Don't arc her back so far that she looks like she is posing for a magazine and not on a battlefield.

It's actually really simple. Don't treat her like a bendy straw. She is a warrior first and foremost. The priority should be to make her look like she is battle ready.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
I don't think any form of logic went through your brain when you lept to the champion concept you just discribed.

no one would particularly care if a ripped female was released, or an old lady, to say they would is just bringing hyperbole to your arguement to further its cause.

its essentially creating an enemy who doesn't exist, this so called player who would freak out at an old lady champion, its incredibly easy to SAY their would be an uproar, but they have no evidence or logic to back it up.

the entire thing is pointless, I hope Riot does it just to shut up the OP, even if it would mean a considerable blow to Riots overall free will.
Who is saying there would be an uproar if Riot released a buff woman or an old lady? Nobody has claimed anyone would freak out. You're projecting your own persecution complex onto the people you oppose.