@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
False dichotomy: they should have naturally included a greater variety of skin tones and ethnic backgrounds in their lore to begin with.

In fact, every single argument you have made to this point is a false dichotomy between your position and the eeeeeeeeevil RadFem position out to destroy the world in the name of women. Doesn't leave a lot of room for reasonable people.
ha, there are more skin tones in this game than possible through the entire human spectrum.

just because one isn't explicitly brown doesn't matter, there are BLUE, GREEN AND PURPLE PEOPLE, GREY, WHITE, DARK GREEN, ect.

the "ethnic" backgrounds do not exist in League's Lore, there is no Africa, there still can be a black champion, or black people, but there are no set races shown other than White, Asian, and "middle eastern" (not really a race, but a skin tone).

my point is that Affirmitive Actioning in a Granny, because the Rad-Fem demand it is more sexist than not doing it, just as doing so with the Black champions and the demand for a Black person in the game, it doesn't have to be done.

there doesn't have to be a quota filled with every skin color and sexual oreintation just because you demand it to be so.

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomajRT View Post
I was more referring to the fact that you were going on about a problem with the OP, in a quote of MINE, that wasn't really in agreement with the OP. Basically, you were taking an out of context quote to bash on the OP, and had exactly zero provocation to do so. In other words, you didn't read the post you were quoting and responding to, and were taking the time to yell at the OP for a quote that wasn't even theirs. If you want to rag on OP, fine. But don't do it in a reply to someone that isn't OP.
I'll do as I please, especially when i'm mocking someone, if you take some weird little offense to it, so be it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Wait? Now RACE has entred the thread?!?!

Christ.....the game is already ridiculously diverse! We have whites like Garen, asians like Xin Zhao, and blacks like Nidalee. We even have blues and tiny furry people! What more do you want?!

GaafGrohiik

10-07-2012

Quote:
If he had read through this thread, he would know. I actually SAID I was in my first post in this thread. Try reading.
178 pages and counting. By the time he read everything it would be 200. Not a very reasonable assumption to make. I bet you call people from Phoenix "Phoenicians".

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
If he had read through this thread, he would know. I actually SAID I was in my first post in this thread. Try reading.
I don't care if your a martian, or a gay martian, you mean nothing to me, stop acting like somehow you do.

GaafGrohiik

10-07-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5OdQ...eature=related

OP and their supporters should watch this.

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Wait? Now RACE has entred the thread?!?!

Christ.....the game is already ridiculously diverse! We have whites like Garen, asians like Xin Zhao, and blacks like Nidalee. We even have blues and tiny furry people! What more do you want?!
they want whatever Riot hasn't done, and when Riot does it, they'll want something else, each topic is more important than the last, each "need" MUST be fufilled, and is never thanked.

its virulent affirmitive action, the quota on what should be met, must be filled, so demands THE BRAIN TRUST.

chumbler

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaafGrohiik View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5OdQGbVNa4&feature=related

OP and their supporters should watch this.
I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot from a video by "ManhoodAcademy.com". *Rolls eyes*

YamiBelgarath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

You're right. Female skins in this game, on average, tend to look noticeably more sexual than guy skins. There are two contributors to this I think.

First: we as society are intensely trained to ignore things, based on our backgrounds and gender and family and lots of other stuff. Most guys are used to admiring certain physical traits of women (I'm going to assume here that homosexual individuals look for the same traits as their opposite gender comrades in romance do). Some guys prefer big boobs, some big asses, some big waists, for some any one of the above let alone all of them are complete turn offs. Since we enjoy looking at those things, society has decided that those things are fine to look at us for that- and so we are trained not to feel shame for wanting to see those things. Therefore, when guys create games, their bar for the amount of clothing on women is lowered- because they honestly can't see how what they are doing is in any way sexist, it's what they want to see and what their friends want to see, and what they enjoy seeing. The art is pleasurable, and they make it because of that.

Girls, on the other hand, have their own set of ignores and such- muscle tone, height, all sorts of things. Some are things guys also look for, some aren't. They notice the things guy don't- when a girl is half naked, they notice because they have no reason not too. More than that, if they feel it demeans her, they comment- because unlike most guys, they don't just enjoy it and find the sight pleasurable, instead they view it more objectively as a demeaning of the female. Therefore, when girls look at stuff drawn by guys, they frequently will notice the girls are in scantier clothing than they would prefer.

Note: I, as a guy, don't find anything wrong with the LoL art. I've been seeing girls with this volume of dress all my life, in magazines, movies, comics, games, everywhere. I find it enjoyable, because I respect and admire the female form, and am trained not to find anything wrong with seeing more skin than girls like to see. Forum girls aren't the first ones I've talked to who were annoyed/surprised by how "stripperesque" th e girls were, and my first response is and continues to be "Really? I didn't really think about it, I just enjoyed it" because in the end, that's the truth.

Oh, and since I just realized the correlation may not be obvious:
The girl-loving percentage of the community also tends to be slightly more put off by an undressed other version. It just doesn't occur to us that the other side wants sexy stuff too. Obviously, there are straight guys who can appreciate male beauty- but let's be honest, how many guys playing League saw Pantheon for the first time and thought "Damn, that's a manly dude. I want to see him in a man-thong", or saw Malzahar and thought "Oh my, that guy needs a stripper skin". We just don't really have those thoughts usually.

One final thing- can you tell me how many brilliant manly skins with good concept art and such were shown on the forum? There have been several brilliant female skins, most of which were quite sexy- haven't seen too many brilliant sexy male threads with actual ideas, instead of just complaining about the lack of sexy male skins.

GaafGrohiik

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot from a video by "ManhoodAcademy.com". *Rolls eyes*
you didn't watch it, did you?