@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrownMooCow

Junior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoCaldippian View Post
Those poses are in the middle of lunging, and have their swords fully extended. They're also looking straight ****ing forward.

Fiora is not striking, she's just standing there looking over her shoulder. If she was actually fighting that way she'd be looking to the right of her picture and the sword wouldn't be pointed straight at the viewer. It's a ridiculously imbalanced pose and any fencer would tell you it's completely impractical to have your back arched that way.

Jesus you people are ****ing dense. I guess pimple-faced adolescents really can't see why girls who look like pornstars don't make for good characters in a game about combat.
why the heck not?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhookie Miztakes

Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Fun fact: men care just as much about personalities as a woman do, men cares just as much about boobs as women care about peníses.

Yeah it's harder to appeal to female players because some of you like real men, some of you like Justin Bieber like males (see: Varus, Ezreal) and some of you like bodybuilder.
Men like women who are not fat.
LOL

Varus is like Justin Bieber? Dude looks like he benches at least 3 times a week, Beiber looks like a scrawny rail. Just sayin

As far as sexy male characters go, you don't even need to make them wear a bikini or something, look at this guy:
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs6/PRE/i..._Lovers_fc.jpg

Girls go nuts, and all they see is his chest. For guys you generally just gotta make them fit and at the most show off their abs or something, it tends to do the trick. As far as female champions go, it would be nice to have more variety in body types. That doesn't have to mean "ugly for the sake of being ugly" type champions either. Look at She-Hulk, she's both very attractive and ripped at the same time as an example.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killscend0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-07-2012

So will Riot be making a honey boo boo Annie skin next?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnomersy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

I have a perfect solution! From now on every character is just reskinned as trundle. Enjoy your sexless game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownMooCow View Post
why the heck not?
Because the elements that go into the porn star look have the side effect of making you ridiculously ill-equipped for any sort of real combat...or exercise of any sort, for that matter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayrona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaafGrohiik View Post
I know, right? Seems whenever OP gets met with actual logic the topics change.

I'm gonna go ahead and quote myself since this wall got buried and I think I've brought more logic to this argument than anyone else:
No one replied because you weren't worth replying to. You were too obvious at trolling, and stating that you are more logical than everyone else does not make it true.

However, since you want one so badly, I guess I can reply to you:

You are making many assumptions with no factual basis and using this to try to dismiss an argument. So, your logic is actually quite bad because you have failed to address the argument at all. You're just going on about how we should keep our opinions to ourselves because... I'm not sure, I guess your point is that no one at Riot cares or that no one at Riot should care. Well, IronStylus cares, so the first point simply cannot be true. The second is an opinion that I would argue is not a logical stance because Riot does take pride as a company that listens to and takes input from its community.

I also must point out that, if your assumption that this whole conversation is stupid is true then you are surely wasting your time by replying to it. So, move along, because no one cares and should care, right? So, why do you care?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonchief

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomersy View Post
I have a perfect solution! From now on every character is just reskinned as trundle. Enjoy your sexless game.
At least we wouldn't have to see Teemo anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nowhere2Run

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

as hilarious as this topic is, i think the author misses a couple of key points

* women are in general, do attract, as in nature.

* women put on makeup, wear high heels, wear short dresses.. why? because its more comfortable? No, they want a certain look. Is that wrong? go ahead and judge away then

* most of the playerbase apart from a few exceptions are fine with the skins and character designs

* it is Riot's duty to make the playerbase happy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiberius Dawn

Senior Member

10-07-2012

You make valid points. The player base of this game is generally men aged 15-25 (ish). They don't want to hear what you have to say. You're right, but you'll find no love or support here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Sloth MD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownMooCow View Post
why the heck not?
Why wouldn't you arch your back like Fiora and look to the side like an idiot? Because when you're lunging you want to go as quickly as possible with maximum reach. You don't have as many muscles that will take your body sideways as you do muscles to take you forward. Fighting like that would be highly inefficient in terms of effort to output.

The pictures people used as examples are the end of the lunge, that is, you've already struck when you're standing that way. Fiora could barely strike past her arm's length the way she's standing, and her legs aren't aligned to give her any more reach if she needed it.

Women look sexy standing like that, it shows off their curves, and I've enjoyed many pictures of women standing similarly. But it's not a fighting stance, so if you expect me to believe Fiora is a fighter then pose her like a fighter. I've seen prostitutes who look more ready to fight.