@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkestPhoenix

10-07-2012

I am glad someone (A Rioter no less!) brought up Flemeth from Dragon Age. A shape shifter would make some amount of sense to throw off age as a factor against having a champion who's starting to ripen past what would be considered viable. Look at Swain.

Ukaei

10-07-2012

Keep my sexy Female champions sexy! Don't you dare release a hideous abomination to the community, Riot.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horasu View Post
Just dropping by with a couple question. Why is Tryndamere and Pentakill Olaf not sexualizing men? Why is Sejuani railed on for being half naked in the frozen wastes, but not Tryndamere? Why are half naked women "sexualized" but half naked men not? Without justifying any of this, to me, everything is just baseless complaining.

If you're saying "male champions aren't eye candy," or "naked men appeal to the male audience and not female audience" then I have two things to say. One, there are and will always be women who love the body types of our naked male champions. That in itself qualifies them as eyecandy. Second, my girlfriend goes gaga over Garen even though he's clothed, declaring him her "husbando."

So my point is, even if you don't THINK our buff, beefy male champions are sexualized, then other people will say they are because they are head over heels for them. Just like how some people are head over heels for our half naked female champions and some are not.
The main problem with the Sej and Tryn thing is Trynd is built as **** as Sej looks waifish

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcsMom View Post
@Rauhel You made some good points. I do agree there needs to be age differences increased in female champions. I do have to disagree with almost every other point you've made.

I have never been discriminated against. I have the name OrcsMom and I play with my son Orc72. I have not one single time in my 2,500 games played been discriminated against having this name or gender.

I also have to disagree with you on the champions you have listed has sexualized. You simply have not considered many male champions sexualized simply because you do not find them personally attractive. However any female with a bit of skin, curves, an ass shot. OR LORD HAVE MERCY. Breasts in their splash art and the entire male world is crashing around you forcing you to live the life as they see fit.

Seriously. If you can say Lee sin is shirtless and has muscles because hes a martial artist I can say Fiorra has curves because as a fencer she needs to have a sleek and mobile body.

I mean if you're going to say Tryndmere's cardboard box cut-out design is unattractive so hes not sexualized. Its really absurdly easy to counter-argue that Sona's Zeppelin size attractions will make anyone who isn't crazy about possible suffocation at night running in the opposite direction.

I could really go on. But you have had made too many points in this thread for me to go on without derailing it really.
Fiora is contorting her body in a sexually suggestive way. She looks like she is a model in a photo shoot dressed up like a fencer. Lee Sin looks like an actual monk. That is the difference. It has nothing to do with how attractive they are, and everything to do with how they are presented.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkestphoenix View Post
i am glad someone (a rioter no less!) brought up flemeth from dragon age. A shape shifter would make some amount of sense to throw off age as a factor against having a champion who's starting to ripen past what would be considered viable. Look at swain.
caw caw caw cwa caw caw caw caw

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukaei View Post
Keep my sexy Female champions sexy! Don't you dare release a hideous abomination to the community, Riot.
I'm not asking to take sexy away from you, nor releasing an abomination on the community.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
The main problem with the Sej and Tryn thing is Trynd is built as **** as Sej looks waifish
Women can not develop man like muscles.

SuperBeastJ

10-07-2012

Quote:
I've never really been fond of old haggard, but that's just me. Maybe it's viable. I'd steer more towards Maleficent as a good target. Middle-age-ish-sorta, dignified, graceful, evil, a force to be reckoned with.
Make a Cruella de Ville skin/champion and be done with it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
31 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arixa View Post
I'm going to point out as a female player of this game, that I want to play attractive female characters. Say you make that barbarian for example, if she isn't pretty as well as muscular I won't be interested.

I find this effort by people to try to force more ugly champions on us to be kind of offensive. I'm not offended by attractive female characters. I would be more offended and less likely to play if the champions I like were stuck looking like hideous masses of flesh like urgot.
I'm going to point out as a male player of this game, that I want to play attractive female characters... in armor... If we make a barbarian for example, whatever way we choose to make her look will be due to choices inherent to her design as a character, not to drive engagement with any specific group. The needs of the character are what counts. If the character appeals to you, congratulations. If it doesn't, congradulate aforementioned group who it happens to appeal to and indulge in the 100 other champions that may suit your fancy, or take a look at something upcoming which floats your boat.

There is no such effort to force ugly champions as we have decided and mentioned that we don't feel our traditionally "ugly" characters work on certain levels, but the past is the past. Our goal is to make the appropriate choices for a character driven by the goals that we establish early on, namely, again, what is best for the character in its context of theme, kit, etc. There is never an effort, nor an edict, nor an initiative to "de-uglify" or "up-uglify" our characters. They will be as "attractive", "sexy", "ugly", "monstrous", or whatever other subjective descriptors that exist as they need to be for their own unique cases.

SupahMonkiee

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Sejuani has horns too.
I keep forgetting they changed Tryndamere's splash art and I was talking about Ruthless Pantheon.

Oh, what about Varus? That makes it two, Varus and Kassadin.

While Sejuani has horns as well, they are strategically placed on top of her head where they fail to cover anything but her hair. Kassadin has large horns as a belt buckle, making it difficult to think of him in a sexual manner. I agree that Ruthless Pantheon is definitely overly sexualized but I'll give that to Riot as one of their only attempts to shine some male champs in the same light as the females. Also, everyone agrees on the Varus point, even the OP mentioned it.