@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brynsul

Senior Member

10-07-2012

I want a champ based on something like this.

An old witch who uses twisted magics to curse her enemies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Tryndamere and Olaf would never have a modeling career. Xin Zhao, Talon, Lee Sin and Pantheon might, but unless you are displayed in a sexually suggestive way, then they aren't being sexualized. They are warriors that just happen to be handsome.
so why can't we have women portrayed the same way


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLurch View Post
Diana, Riven and Vayne theres your ugly champs. Now shut up.
You forgot to mention karma, shyvana, soraka, annie, cassopia, evelynn,leblanc, Morgana,Nidalee, Syndra...
In fact now that I think of it most female champions AREN'T oversexualized at all. People are just crying at the FEW that are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Eleven

Senior Member

10-07-2012

They should have just worked in that KhaZix was female... Mantis shape inspiration and all... just tweaked the voice a bit and a ton of people would have championed her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
You forgot to mention karma, shyvana, soraka, annie, cassopia, evelynn,leblanc, Morgana,Nidalee, Syndra...
In fact now that I think of it most female champions AREN'T oversexualized at all.
this is a joke, right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Tryndamere and Olaf would never have a modeling career. Xin Zhao, Talon, Lee Sin and Pantheon might, but unless you are displayed in a sexually suggestive way, then they aren't being sexualized. They are warriors that just happen to be handsome.
They would if they had clothes on. ironic/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dead robit

Senior Member

10-07-2012

I DARE SOME ONE TO EFFECTIVELY COUNTER ARGUE THIS NEXT POINT.

it is fantasy not real life, to compare girls in real life to this saying its sexualized, is so off. they are different meaning. for example.. how many guys get " sexy"? put on a suit and groom themselves well. does this make gentleman cho gath sexualized?

many girls love the idea of " captain jack sparrow" and before you say it, its not just johny dep but the pirate captain jack sparrow himself. does that mean gangplank is sexualized?

no for you to compare real life examples for females and then declassify them for males just shows how weak the argument is. either accept they are both sexualized or they both aren't. end game gg gd


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOwned247 View Post
Pantheon looks like a Spartan/Roman soldier, not a male stripper.
Do realize that....Roman soldiers, and after the popularity of 300, Spartan soldiers as well, have been pretty common themes for strip shows.

They're sexualized from the get-go.

For context, he was referring to Pantheon looking like a male stripper.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ensig

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Why don't we replace all the champions with cubes then, its just a game, if we want to be aesthetically pleased, we can go somewehre else

why bother with textures at all.

Yes, go ahead and twist my words. Try using some common sense please instead of making yourself look like a fool.

Also point out a couple other things:

Girls like playing girls that look hot
Girls in movies are usually in stripper outfits and guys arent (check out action/superhero movies) Point being...just the way it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Hey, guys? Guys? Can we clear up just one thing here?

A lot of the male champions look stupid too. Kassadin's muscles aren't just ripped, they're WTF ridiculous. Tryndamere is a ****ing brick. Traditional Lee Sin has the same stupid upside-down pyramid torso that Tryndamere's old skin had. Varus is randomly naked down to where I'd expect his uppermost pubic hair to start showing through, if he still has any after what happened to him.

That doesn't mean the female champions don't have an issue with sexualization. It means BOTH genders have problems that should be fixed.

So can the feminists please stop arguing that the male skins have no significant problems? And can the Riot apologists please stop arguing that because male skins are also sexualized (debatable), that this somehow makes everything okay because both genders are equally badly portrayed?

Thanks.