@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
you ugly ****** you're still around
butthurt


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GypsyReborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Basically, anything Riot Taco Storm can cosplay as is something I'd really love to have more experiments like.
you want giant enemy crabgot to cosplay as a skinny archer dude? impossibru1!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
Another thread about this ****?

Anyone who is offended by champion design should just leave.
*****ing is more effective than boycotting for inducing change in games we like for other reasons.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...g-Tantrums-Win


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Being handsome =/= being sexualized. Unless you is posing is a way that is flirtatious, then his looks are completely secondary to his battle prowess. Tryndamere and Pantheon are trying to intimidate you, not seduce you. Twisted Fate isn't using his body at all. His charm is entirely based on his clothes and style, Lee Sin is the only one that you might have an argument for, but he still isn't actually posing in a sexual way.
They are topless. Going by your argument if they make a topless female champion. She wouldn't be oversexualized cuz being handsome =/= being sexualized.
/sigh


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sybil Cut

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
And are they presenting their bodies to try and get you into bed or piss your pants in fear?
Neither. They're presenting their bodies because riot designed them to portray their bodies.

If muscular men were not attractive, Chippendale's wouldn't be a multimillion dollar organization.

A few pages back I made a point that you're biased, and you obviously are. You can't claim to say "you don't know what I find attractive" and then immediately assume to know what all men find attractive.

Question, how would you feel about a skin of Riven in a sports bra? It would be extremely functional for a warrior like herself, as agile as she is, to wear on the battlefield, just as it is apparently functional for Lee Sin to go topless as a martial artist.

Judging by your examples, functional = unsexualized, and that's just not the case. I still want you to answer the question about sports bra Riven.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Many females nowadays seem to love female looking guys.
OP, just turn lesbian and continue your man hating.
Why resort to attacking me personally in an attempt to invalidate my argument? What am I asking for that threatens you so much?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

he's just being your standard interwebs moron


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaèl View Post
Neither. They're presenting their bodies because riot designed them to portray their bodies.

If muscular men were not attractive, Chippendale's wouldn't be a multimillion dollar organization.

A few pages back I made a point that you're biased, and you obviously are. You can't claim to say "you don't know what I find attractive" and then immediately assume to know what all men find attractive.

Question, how would you feel about a skin of Riven in a sports bra? It would be extremely functional for a warrior like herself, as agile as she is, to wear on the battlefield.
There is such a thing as too much muscle. Ladies go see Chippendales, they don't watch Mr. Universe. Tryndamere is way past the threshold of what is conventionally attractive, which makes him more comparable to Gragas. If you can name a champion that has a chance of being a male fashion model and showing off their body, then you have a point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiima

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

easy fix make your own game and design your own characters problem solved.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnomersy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

There are lots of reasons why gender stereotyping exists particularly in a game with a population which is largely male.

Reason 1: *** sells I know of quite a few guys who will buy a skanky looking skin because they think it's hot and for Riot getting sales from their skins is necessary to defray the costs of producing them.

Reason 2: Nobody likes ugly people. It's sad but lets be honest in society there is a certain understanding of what is attractive and those who are attractive are treated differently from those who are not. In a game this again ties into whether or not someone on average would want to buy/play said champion.

Reason 3: When one needs to make a choice whether to please the majority or the minority it is best to choose the majority. Essentially if Riot were to cater to female players without being able to satisfy the male players they risk losing some of their playerbase and since the majority is male they risk losing the larger part. Not saying this will happen with whatever they do but it's something they have to consider when acting.

Reason 4: Equal action sexualization, if you honestly don't believe that males are being stuck into stereotypical or unrealistic images in this game you really don't know what you're talking about. The only human male champ who isn't thin or ripped or both is Gragas. And trust me if you start looking up the average figure of a 30 year old or a 40 year old you're not finding someone who looks like Gangplank or Swain.

There's more but I'm bored of typing by now.