@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
>implying there aren't sexualized male champions

The problem is purely in the range of body types
Other than Varus, name one male champion presented in a way that draws attention to his body?

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Other than Varus, name one male champion presented in a way that draws attention to his body?
Trynd, pantheon
ectect

SupahMonkiee

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukitenshi View Post
This is actually a really good post. Upvoted for justice.

It's been posted before that Rioters want to fix this issue.

For an example, though, Zyra is not over-sexualized, in my opinion. She is a skinny young female with fairly revealing clothes, but her lines are all pretty overtly evil and her body is that of kind of a vine nymph. A nymph/dryad character is typically fairly scantily clad because they belong in nature. You usually don't put on armor to fight in nature, and it makes sense that as she is a squishy mage, she would pretty much just look like an evil nymph thing.
Are you blind, Zyra obviously is naked. All she did was find some leaves on the ground, took sap from the trees and made her own outfit. Do you remember her Sneak Peek picture?

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Pantheon, Tryndamere, Kassadin.

It's not Riots fault that muscular men does not attract you. It's really hard to appeal to everyone you see.

Some girls find Varus disgusting and prefer champions like Jarvan, graves, others think he's super sexy.
Your taste is too wide, Riot cannot appeal to the whole female community.

I do agree we need more female monsters but that all the female champions are sexy and the male ones are not is a lie, it's a pretty good balance among HUMAN male and female champions, GRAGAS IS NOT A HUMAN. I always thought females thought the male champions were sexy, but obviously I was wrong. How can you be so sure we find them so sexy? Many human male champions do not even have shirts, but you're still babbling about female champions showing off too much cleavage and that cleavage equals sexualized.

Stiletto

10-07-2012

Quote:
• Morgana gets thinner and thinner, and her breasts get bigger and bigger
See, this is the sort of bias that pervades the gaming community! Large-breasted women should be celebrated; not stereotyped. Can you imagine one similarly, naturally endowed female who has to undergo immediate assumptions about her every day - "Oh, she's got implants." or "Why is that hussy showing cleavage?" or "As a woman, I find your naturally large breasts extremely offensive to my sexuality!"

Rather, I applaud Riot and the rest of the gaming industry for combating these social inequalities by portraying well endowed women in a positive light. These women are not afraid to proudly show their attributes as a badge of honor.

tl;dr: i fail to grasp your point. hue

dead robit

10-07-2012

WHAT MAKES ANYONE'S OPINION HERE OF WHAT SEXUALIZED IS, RIGHT?. they are opinions oh my lawdy caps lock needed.

i can say anivia is sexualized does it make it true?
before you respond with " the majority of players would say anivia isnt sexualized" to which i respond

oh we are going by majority rules now? so majority is fine with things how they are leave it how it is.

pantheon is sexualized in my opinion. a spartan muscular man is widely believed to be attractive to girls. im fine with playing him. you know why. i dont mind playing a bad ass spartan warrior even if ladies like him. ? like its something i would aspire to be, and if a champion isn't something you want to be dont play them. i don't play gragas for a reason hes not appealing.. you don't see me complain about it tho.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorshikai View Post
WHAT MAKES ANYONE'S OPINION HERE OF WHAT SEXUALIZED IS, RIGHT?. they are opinions oh my lawdy caps lock needed.

i can say anivia is sexualized does it make it true?
before you respond with " the majority of players would say anivia isnt sexualized" to which i respond

oh we are going by majority rules now? so majority is fine with things how they are leave it how it is.

pantheon is sexualized in my opinion. a spartan muscular man is widely believed to be attractive to girls. im fine with playing him. you know why. i dont mind playing a bad ass spartan warrior even if ladies like him. ? like its something i would aspire to be, and if a champion isn't something you want to be dont play them. i don't play gragas for a reason hes not appealing.. you don't see me complain about it tho.
Oh yeah baby, shake dem tailfeathers :E

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Trynd, pantheon
ectect
And are they presenting their bodies to try and get you into bed or piss your pants in fear?

Blaine Tog

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You can be harsh on the base Sejuani. I am! I've talked a whole lot about how I like it's concept but not it's context. Chick on giant pig in leather bikini? Cool, she must be from a wasteland where cow remnants are scant and ridable pigs prevelant. Chick on giant pig in leather bikini from the tundra? *record scratch* Yeah, I have a problem now. We did a cool concept and a cool character, but we needed to tie those together better and even push Sejuani's body type more barbaric. Hind-sight is 20/20 though. (Also I was pretty new then)
What if you re-did her base skin and then also released a skin like her current design, giving it away for free to everyone who'd already bought Sejuani? That way, her default would actually make sense but you wouldn't piss off people who like her current base, since they can still play it?

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
And are they presenting their bodies to try and get you into bed or piss your pants in fear?
Yup.