@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastBox

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
It wouldn't be hard to do.
I'm actually diappointed Kha'Zix isn't female. He looks like the type of species where the female kills the male after intercourse. Or is the queen of a zillion workers.

Quick, Riot; change all the he's to she's in Kha'Zix's lore. >

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
I'm actually diappointed Kha'Zix isn't female. He looks like the type of species where the female kills the male after intercourse. Or is the queen of a zillion workers.

Quick, Riot; change all the he's to she's in Kha'Zix's lore. >
Really the void creatures could all go either way... it would have been easy to call Karazhan a queen of some hive...

Which leads me to my next great idea, RGrg'erwaw, The Hive Queen.

dead robit

10-07-2012

okay bottom line there are guys models in this game that certain girls see as attractive. pantheon, ezreal, darius graves. and i play those alot but i don't feel offended by their sexualiztion. you can say they arent sexualized but in all honesty this thread is a topic of opinion since they are all based off peoples perspective.

i do not think having barbarian women or women that arent the same figure as the others is a bad idea
i just dont see the art designers saying... hey lets make this champion a ***** so people play our game... they are designing champions both girls and guys want to play. most girls i know would rather represent themselves as attractive than a barbarian maybe thats just what ive been exposed. to i think there is room for diversity like i have said both would be idea. " sexy" and rugged battle worn. more of kayle. type. i mean there is a place for both but when it comes down to it.. its up to what the majority and riot to dictate that percentage and i don't think anyone has a reason to be offended by the champions riot has created.

Graphika

10-07-2012

Being a female gamer I have to say I personally love all the ****ty women that are in this game, and I probably wouldn't play it as much as I do if they weren't there.

Voltron Zero

10-07-2012

I'm a manly man and I feel insecure playing characters with boobs. Why are there even female champions at all!?

Darkwahn

10-07-2012

Feminists are scum.

AlphaPhoenix

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
It wouldn't be hard to do.
Kassadin's Daughter Confirmed!

helltronX

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/sc...tudy-says.html

Level playing field is not level. Taking women seriously doesn't come all that naturally for lots of people, even if they think they want to and/or even if laws force them to try to do so.

Apparently it's no big deal to you if men consistently get overrated for their performance and coast on that. I wonder if you're one of the sorts of evaluators who'd give "John" a 4 rating and $30,000 and "Jennifer" a 3.3 and $26,000?

There hasn't been anywhere near enough legislation to overcorrect this bias to create this fantasy world you describe where women coast on their gender to cover up for their poor performance. In truth, the story is still, "Oh, that's Jack. He's our man. He has this situation under control."
Don't feel like doing research but I don't think its okay for women to get screwed out of money like what happened in that study. My point was that you're going to get a lot of women blaming their lesser salary on them being female instead of them having poor performance, similar to how people blame anything and everything on them being in Elo Hell except for their performance. Also men would do the exact same thing, which is why I think you would get a lot of incompetent people paid exactly the same as someone who probably deserved what they got in the first place. W/e for the record I don't think its OK for women to get less money just for being women.

Illecebra

Recruiter

10-07-2012

I sorta sit on the fence about the character portrayal myself. There are some the more revealing skins that I really like. The Kitty Cat Katarina skin, to be honest, is one that I am very sad I was not around to buy when it was available. I am also going crazy trying to get to Gold elo (it isn't going well lol) so I can get the new Janna skin. And for quite honestly no other reason because if the teaser holds true, it's the only skin she has that DOESN'T make her look like she's a light breeze away from falling out of her clothes.

As far as how the community treats girls - I can bring out an example of how bad it is. I got my girlfriend into League about a month ago. She's new. She doesn't fully understand how the game works. She makes mistakes. Frequently. She also made the serious error of choosing a very feminine summoner name. So we're in SR and we're winning the match, but she's playing Ashe and she's managed to die a dozen times while only making a couple of kills. One of the other guys on our team starts talking her down, calling her a dumb girl, to uninstall and go ruin someone else's game. Called her fat (which she's not) and just about any other derogatory sexist insult you can imagine.

Seriously? And some people genuinely wonder why girls don't want to be a part of the MMO community. I have played with some gamer girls that would own me all day, every day. I've also played with some girls that aren't very good, and will in all likelihood remain unskilled because when they get into a match, and they don't do well, they're treated like THIS.

Kiddalee

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
kay
I don't understand that picture, but I like it.