@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsśpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arķa View Post
Ew, but Varus is so nasty looking. His muscles scare me, his skin scares me, and his nasty grunts when he sends off his Q (I believe) just make him gross in every where. The most somewhat attractive male characters are probably Ez, Graves, and Jarvan. Although Ez needs to put on a little weight and Jarvan and Graves need to bulk down a bit, since it's more intimidating than sexy.

A man's chest is a secondary *** characteristic (muscles mass and strength from testosterone). You can say women find a man's chest attractive, but very few women would actually agree that the size of the chest in almost all the male's champions of League of Legends are "sexy" rather the most common opinion I come across from female players is that they are disturbingly big and boring looking when they have this common trait.
This is why...
You can't appeal to the female community. You all have different taste.

Postal Miku

10-07-2012

Man you are so right, HOW DARE SONA HAVE BOOBS?

I actually want to know Ironstylus's thoughts on Sonas design, since I do not believe I have heard it
don't think he will like it though, no visible heels

Moose Loire

10-07-2012

This game needs more blob monsters

UNICORNSSSS

10-07-2012

I think it's important to note, however, that as men you're probably instantly drawn to the assets of each female character rather than their personality traits. I just know this from experience dressing myself as a female for my entire life, that unless you wear a mumu (not amumu, hah) that the shape of my breasts and but are still going to show no matter what. If I wear jeans, the shape of my butt and thighs are still there. I dress conservatively and I know that my fiance still finds me sexy. So simply covering up the female characters isn't going to unsexualize them. This is a very psychological topic that has more to do with just how much skin is showing on females or not showing on males.

For me, the sexiest male character is Jarvan IV, and that isn't because he's dressed at all sexually or is even the best looking; Rugged Garen might be better looking. But, his skill set and overall feel make him feel more sexy. For example, he's going to dragon strike in to my aid while Garen is just spinning in a bush somewhere. That is sexier to me. Jayce also has a very gallant look and feel to him and his lore really solidifies him as a sexy male character. He is the charming protector.

I think that the key to making League more inclusive to females as far as character design doesn't necessarily mean that we need to stop making sexy female characters and make more sexy male characters (though I am in favor of unprepared Garen), it has to do more with adding more substance to the female characters. When I look at the selection of characters I can play, the females all blur together a lot more than the males do. Is that because I usually write off scantily clad women as being idiots? Maybe.

But, if we're really trying to get more girls to play league so we can set up our LoL dating service, then the community needs adjusting. Though, I think the honor system might have done that. Hopefully it doesn't wear off.

On a side note, could someone please feed Morgana. She looks near death anorexic and it creeps me out.

Kirukia

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verīn7 View Post
HAHA. Guess what, why would they cater to female gamers when 90+% of the gaming community = male? Yea ... pretty much.
Why does creating diversity mean you can't cater to the majority as well?
Just because people want more diverse characters doesn't mean they should stop making sexy female champs (and they won't). We just want more variation.

Wanting some non-sexualized female champions doesn't mean someone is against having sexualized ones as well. I certainly don't mind some.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verīn7 View Post
HAHA. Guess what, why would they cater to female gamers when 90+% of the gaming community = male? Yea ... pretty much.
Yea but plenty of guys have said here they don't care what the champions look like. They certainly don't care what the MALE champs look like.

Plenty of guys play Pantheon. His underoos don't put guys off, so why would it matter if a guy had a sexy look about him? And plenty of guys play Leona, even without her '**** skin'. So a non-sexy female isn't offensive to guys, right?

MaryyJanee

10-07-2012

I think Ezreal is the only appealing male champion. But it really doesn't matter to me, I just wanna kick ass.

Vince

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Vanity View Post
I'm not sexist. I just think chicks on here cry too much. =)
My god you are obese.

JĆ©z

10-07-2012

I am a female gamer and I think your post is ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

StunnedandSlayed

10-07-2012

I LOL everytime i see "SERIOUS" at the start of this post.