@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dead robit

10-07-2012

there is a middle ground. you're appealing to a demographic. riot tries( correct me if im wrong riot[on this point alone i know ironstylus will disagree on my others]) to create something that the majority of players aspire to be and want to play. take gragas. he is a great champion but way unpopular... no one wants be gragas( not to say he isnt a great addition to the league because he is)... although its sad we live in a semi sexualized world today. most girls want to look like supermodels and be regarded as beautiful its what they aspire to be.. if 78 % of people would rather play a sexualized character because they aspire to be them. thats what riot will make.

I know what i know iron stylus wants to do which is right. is make champions that people aspire to be that arent the same slender sexualzied girl. diversity and depth is what he is seeking. but thats not to say making sexualized females is wrong either... there just needs to be both. its what the majority desires. and thats unfortunately or not just the way the world works.

Vic Vanity

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
I'm a feminist, but I don't support garnering too much attention to it in that I find independent women to be far more attractive than needy women, but I find "I'm strong and independent and don't need no man!" annoying as sh*t.

That said, you're sexist and a total ******bag, and I think more women should play video games without fear of being discriminated against, like you've done here. Did someone have mommy problems?

On the other hand, if girls play games, for the love of god please do it because you love them like the rest of us, and don't do it for the attention (I.e. Gamer gurllzzz).
I'm not sexist. I just think chicks on here cry too much. =)

Rachel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorshikai View Post
there is a middle ground. you're appealing to a demographic. riot tries( correct me if im wrong riot[on this point alone i know ironstylus will disagree on my others]) to create something that the majority of players aspire to be and want to play. take gragas. he is a great champion but way unpopular... no one wants be gragas( not to say he isnt a great addition to the league because he is)... although its sad we live in a semi sexualized world today. most girls want to look like supermodels and be regarded as beautiful its what they aspire to be.. if 78 % of people would rather play a sexualized character because they aspire to be them. thats what riot will make.

I know what i know iron stylus wants to do which is right. is make champions that people aspire to be that arent the same slender sexualzied girl. diversity and depth is what he is seeking. but thats not to say making sexualized females is wrong either... there just needs to be both. its what the majority desires. and thats unfortunately or not just the way the world works.
Diversity is key !!!

Zanes theNArgent

10-07-2012

...Are you monkeys still throwing turd one on another?
Geez, so much war for so little... =w=

Aría

10-07-2012

Ew, but Varus is so nasty looking. His muscles scare me, his skin scares me, and his nasty grunts when he sends off his Q (I believe) just make him gross in every where. The most somewhat attractive male characters are probably Ez, Graves, and Jarvan. Although Ez needs to put on a little weight and Jarvan and Graves need to bulk down a bit, since it's more intimidating than sexy.

A man's chest is a secondary *** characteristic (muscles mass and strength from testosterone). You can say women find a man's chest attractive, but very few women would actually agree that the size of the chest in almost all the male's champions of League of Legends are "sexy" rather the most common opinion I come across from female players is that they are disturbingly big and boring looking when they have this common trait.

MTaur

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by helltronX View Post
Wow that is so full of bias. Women aren't discriminated against concerning pay or position, the legislation put forth and subsequently shot down was moronic, why should somoene get equal pay to someone else just based on gender, there is no way to fairly implement "equal pay" based on ***, because no two people are equal in deserving anything, and a bill which would require investigations based on gender discrimination would just enforce the majority of women who use that as an excuse for their poor performance.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/sc...tudy-says.html

Level playing field is not level. Taking women seriously doesn't come all that naturally for lots of people, even if they think they want to and/or even if laws force them to try to do so.

Apparently it's no big deal to you if men consistently get overrated for their performance and coast on that. I wonder if you're one of the sorts of evaluators who'd give "John" a 4 rating and $30,000 and "Jennifer" a 3.3 and $26,000?

There hasn't been anywhere near enough legislation to overcorrect this bias to create this fantasy world you describe where women coast on their gender to cover up for their poor performance. In truth, the story is still, "Oh, that's Jack. He's our man. He has this situation under control."

Arixa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post

Make no mistake, this is something we have our eye on. I had a discussion with our Art Director about this issue just the other day. We want that barbarian woman who can smash any guy she might encounter, we want us to get the spindly tank-girl type who's far less exposed, we want utilitarian, we want majestic, we want creepy, we want it all. We also do want sexy, in all it's variations.

I'm going to point out as a female player of this game, that I want to play attractive female characters. Say you make that barbarian for example, if she isn't pretty as well as muscular I won't be interested.

I find this effort by people to try to force more ugly champions on us to be kind of offensive. I'm not offended by attractive female characters. I would be more offended and less likely to play if the champions I like were stuck looking like hideous masses of flesh like urgot.

Rachel

10-07-2012

again i feel like
-------------------------------------------------------------------->the point
people's heads

Dischu

10-07-2012

HAHA. Guess what, why would they cater to female gamers when 90+% of the gaming community = male? Yea ... pretty much.

Iittle virus

10-07-2012

As a female I also don't mind playing 'sexualized' characters; I pick who is fun to play. I did think the playboy riven skin was dumb, but that just means I won't buy it.