@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axzarious

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Ok, I'm going to sleep and/or go draw some girls in armor until this topic erupts like a sleeping volcano again.
Speaking of art... and Leona... I had an absolutely insanely awesome idea, though I doubt it will be implimented at all.

I will praise the sun if Leona ever gets a skin that provides a nod to a particularily memetic follower of the sun. http://www.godisageek.com/wp-content...rk-Souls-B.jpg

Heck, im already slowly working on a small sketchy concept when I can. Perhaps I may post it on the forums sometime. Another pic of Sunbro - http://i.imgur.com/W6bBW.jpg

Solair is win.

Also, on the topic of other skins? I have been a staunch supporter of Beekeeper Singed and Unprepared Geran ever since I heard of them!

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Ironstylus, Sejuani is dressed correctly;
She is from the cold, she is used to the cold. In summoner's rift, the area is summer, almost always.

Think about that. Would someone used to living in a tundra wear winter gear in summer? no.

Nunu is the oddball that needs fixing.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
snip!
no mention in there of age categories... we have Zilean, but no "crone" type female...

Xeninja

10-07-2012

I don't really have much opinion of how women are sexualized anywhere (mostly because i'm not a woman and don't know how women feel about this stuff), but I very much agree with some of the original post's points, like how riven's 3rd skin was treated. I love riven. in fact, though im a cheap **** i still bought her with rp instead of grinding the ip. yeah her crimson elite skin was kinda revealing, but it was still awesome, then they put out the battle bunny skin. The minute i saw it, i thought it was an april fools joke, but then i saw, in-game, that they basically made a champion, with a terrific lore and whom i highly respect as a character, basically a stripper. strippers can be fine people mind you but I absolutely hate that skin.

Xeninja

10-07-2012

Also, the original post gave me an idea for a granny champion, she can be the master of knowledge who gave zilean and xerath the books they needed to perform their magic, then at one point ryze stole a book from her, the book he currently carries on his back. She would probably end up looking like swain, but it would be a nice change.

Roneld3444

10-07-2012

Biggest troll thread 2012. Women will complain about anything, my God.

NakedGranny

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
I tell you, I would absolutely love a Baba Yaga inspired champion. Ursula and Maleficent is extremely popular as far as Disney villains go, so itís not like older ladies, or even fat ladies donít have any appeal.
+1, QFT for great justice.

Riot... what the ****ing ****. stop talking. start doing. now.

Females aren't the only ones who feel excluded / alienated / uncomfortable in LoL. just about anyone from the LGBTBBQ spectrum also has a disproportionately irritating experience -- both in-game and on these forums. Riot is one of the absolute worst entertainers in my memory, as far as sexuality, equality and discrimination is concerned.

And they ****in' reside in southern California!!

Kiima

10-07-2012

The only thing that makes me angry about ready this thing is that it's ok for men to be sexualized having rock hard abs you can cook bacon on, shirless sexy chests, and rugged good looks. But when it comes to women it's wrong cause there girls, hurray for double standards.

lvaliati7

10-07-2012

Dude, are you serious?
I want more sexy females man, i want a sexy lux as well.
I really, DO NOT want another stupid yordle..

Hige

10-07-2012

Uhm Ironstylus I must ask you with the risk of being brushed off with an: "can't tell" answer

When you talk about Sejuani being a "mistake" graphic design wise I wonder... will you guys change her base skin? or will you just throw a new skin at her? I feel like just doing another skin is like throwing a punch in the face to all Sejuani players out there :S like "If you want your champ to look the way it's supposed to look, buy RP"... I know you guys are a company but I think better of you u.u although I think changing her base skin will give you no real benefit but some players gravitating towards her and some others complaining that she's not naked anymore or she's not riding a boar anymore :S