@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PumpkinMaster

10-07-2012

You have a valid point. Most cartoon style things do over sexualize females that take part in the cartoon. From Saturday morning cartoons, to video games. I remember when bugs bunny dressed up like a girl, way over sexualized. There are too many to count/name, but every female in any major story is always over sexualized. I am not saying it is right/wrong, it is just how it is. I highly doubt riot will implement a "average" female champion, its just not in the cards.

For instance, lets say, you have gragas on one side, well he has a bit of a weight issue doesnt he, well lets say, he was a female? Or lets say they implement some over weight ugly, pimply faced female champion, that is human and not a zombie or something like that. Are you gonna play as her?

Lets say riot implements a librarian champion, or a lawyer champion, or any normal job, then they should probably stick to the norm. But in reality not every little kid or adult who plays this game, im 30 by the way, and its a fun game, but not every single person in the world has muscles on top of muscles, almost every champion in this game however does, even the female ones.

Id prefer if riot stuck to the fantasy over the reality when it comes to this, id rather see a skimpy outfit than a true to life, oh look at her business suit and coach purse type look, oh wow she really looks like a nurse. I mean seriously, its a cartoon game, toons are to be looked at, no one wants to see a prom date annie, who is dateless cause shes well over weight, that would be realistic.

if i offend you, my bad, just take a step back from the computer, and say well damn, this is a game, and id rather it look nice than look real.

Zerglinator

10-07-2012

So, I have an important legitimate question, and I don't mean to disagree with IronStylus, I just want some insight on this:

Why is Sejuani wearing very little in the frozen tundras of the Freljord unacceptable to some people, but Tryndamere forgoing a shirt in the frozen tundras of the Freljord is A-OK?

LapanNaxela

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So, I have an important legitimate question, and I don't mean to disagree with IronStylus, I just want some insight on this:

Why is Sejuani wearing very little in the frozen tundras of the Freljord unacceptable to some people, but Tryndamere forgoing a shirt in the frozen tundras of the Freljord is A-OK?
He ults and the cold can't hurt him.

Jusek

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosona View Post
Oh, of course. But if it were a male calling out a female he's a sexist mysogynist jerk. Why is it always the mans fault, hmm?

To say men aren't subject to abuse is sexist beyond belief.
The OP acknowledged that there are exceptions (see Varus). The point isn't that the sexism door doesn't swing both ways. The point is that it hits women on the face on the way in and slaps them on the ass on the way out. It's always worse for women than men.

tempnameA461

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusek View Post
It's always worse for women than men.
Except women control the world.

Zerglinator

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusek View Post
The OP acknowledged that there are exceptions (see Varus). The point isn't that the sexism door doesn't swing both ways. The point is that it hits women on the face on the way in and slaps them on the ass on the way out. It's always worse for women than men.
See, my problem with this is that the Door of Sexism (new item for S3?) ends up smacking Sejuani again if you change her. It ends up saying (to me anyways), "Only a MAN can withstand the colds of the Freljord with no shirt on! A woman cannot be that strong!" And since Sejuani is my number two favorite champion...this would bother me to NO END.

Bigern

10-07-2012

Pantheon has a male stripper skin

Scykz

10-07-2012

Complaining about sexualized female champions (regardless of number) then asking why there aren't any male equivalents is counterintuitive.

JykkntiBlind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Bump.

Also, about Sejuani: Look up Wim Hof, he's a badass in rl who swims in the arctic and whos body does not get cold. If it can happen in rl, it can happen in a video game. (sivir/other 'armored' female characters have no excuse, and should be wearing real armor)

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
It wouldn't be hard to do.
(I don't know if it was stated elsewhere, but...)

THIS JUST IN! IronStylus confirms Kassadin's daughter will be released before the year is out!